PDA

View Full Version : A couple of keepers

jkress
10-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Finally got back out for a nice hunt today. Tried a two new parks that turned out to be duds. But, found a third on the way home
that gave up a silver quarter and IH.
After about 3 hours of hunting, it was very nice to see a silver rim in the plug. :happydance01:
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-162.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-163.jpg

It was a tough day and I had hoped for more keepers, but hunts like this are what make the good ones fun.
Usually a Merc shows up late to save the hunt, but today I was very happy to see a bigger 'hunt saving' silver edge. :yes:

Epi-hunter
10-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey Joe, I just love seeing those silver Washingtons come out of the ground. And yet another beautiful IH. And hey, that third park will probably give up more next time too! Nice hunt :happydance01:

jkress
10-07-2011, 08:08 PM
And hey, that third park will probably give up more next time too! Nice hunt :happydance01:

Thanks Angie. I am definitely planning a return trip. Pulling in and firing up my machine for a test drive was already pushing borrowed time. Didn't have much time for the sampling, but I quickly found enough to get me back there soon. :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
10-07-2011, 08:12 PM
it was very nice to see a silver rim in the plug.

Is there anything more beautiful than the sight of a silver rim in the plug? :smitten:

It's nice to know there are still silver quarters out there to be found in public parks. That alone would have made my day, but that sharp looking Indian Head is just icing on the cake!

Nice finds and great photos, Joe! :clapping:

Spike
10-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Can I go lol lol A silver quarter of any kind is :perfect10: and that IH is very nice shape the last few I have found has been trashed >:# nice hunt thumbsup01

jkress
10-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks Tony. Most of my park silvers are dimes, so getting anything bigger definitely makes me smile.

Is there anything more beautiful than the sight of a silver rim in the plug? :smitten:

Why yes, there is... the sight of two silver rims in the plug. :drool: You are right though, seeing that silver edge in the dirt is exhilarating.
A sight I will never tire of seeing.

Can I go lol lol A silver quarter of any kind is :perfect10: and that IH is very nice shape the last few I have found has been trashed >:# nice hunt thumbsup01

Sure, just head southwest... you'll hit Iowa eventually. lol We are fortunate to have IH friendly ground here in the midwest.

Ill Digger
10-08-2011, 12:42 AM
It was a tough day and I had hoped for more keepers, but hunts like this are what make the good ones fun.
That looks like it was a fun hunt after all! :yes: thumbsup01
And by the way things are looking the next trip should be even funner :clapping: lol
Nice finds Joe!
Congrats :grin:

dave in iowa
10-08-2011, 02:49 AM
great finds Joe , your killin the indian heads this year as well as the silver ...till next time

aloldstuff
10-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Yet another silver quarter is recovered. Those always get my heart beating. The IH looks really good as do most of the wheats, what do you think made that 1 wheat green? Congrats on your recoveries

skribnodsister
10-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Nice finds Joe, the silver is always icing on the cake when you find them! Congrats :peace:

pulltabsteve
10-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Nice silver :beerbuddy: It's been a while since I dug some silver.... Im hoping to change that in the next week or 2 ;) Love the IH too |:cheering: