PDA

View Full Version : mxt pinpoint

BOWSER
10-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I never use the pinpoint or the depth meter on the mxt, am i the only one that does it that way.I just beep and dig. :dontknow:

Lowjiber
10-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Different strokes for different folks. I use pinpoint all the time.

I prefer to locate my target quickly and dig as small diameter hole as possible. Depending upon the required motion of the discrimination function simply wastes time for me.

If my ground tracking is not locked, I can literally null out a small, deep target if I make too many passes over it in disc mode.

I flip as much as possible, especially if I'm in a public park or my neighbor's yard. :rolleyes: Doing so requires a very accurate location. I use a SunRay probe on my MXT and can locate the exact center of a coin down to about 3.

You mentioned the depth meter. IMHO, depth meters are pretty much a frill. With the VCO operation of the MXT, I don't need to waste my time looking at depth indications...everything is already in my headset.

As I said, different strokes are for different folks. I prefer speed, accuracy, and simplicity. This hobby is hard enough. :rolleyes:

wingmaster
10-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Sometimes I can't pinpoint some of those deep whisper targets, when I try to pinpoint on some of the whisper targets I will get no response, so I'll have to just pinpoint by going to a small wiggle to get the center of the target. I've found some silver dimes at more than 10 this way and sometimes when I open the plug on the deep targets I will lose the target completely, on these I make sure to pull out 12 and most times it will be a silver dime in the hole.

SeabeeRon
10-10-2011, 12:22 PM
I flip as much as possible, especially if I'm in a public park or my neighbor's yard. :rolleyes:

I've seen John do this, he has great form on his double back flip!! :perfect10: :poke: :rolleyes: