PDA

View Full Version : It's a nickle magnet!

RaZR
10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I went back over to the iceskating park today to find some more goodies. There was a man there with his two dogs (big dogs) and he stopped me to let me know.... There have been about twenty people detecting this park in the last month. It's strange but all the times i have been there in the last month i haven't run into any of them. I haven't run into him before either. I also haven't seen any places that had been dug that i didn't do other than a few squirrel digs. Anyhow i don't think those other people are doing a very good job. :grin:
Today i got another merc! A 1926. Also got 4 wheaties 34-D,44,52-D and 55-D.
Only a total of .81 for the day. But good stuff!
Nine of the coins were nickles!!! :omg: I still can't believe how many nickles the E-Trac is finding. It's like previous detectors never even tried to find them. :crazy:

Here's pics.............

Tony Two-Cent
10-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Beautiful old Merc, and congrats on all of those nickels! Your E-Trac must be a lot better at finding nickels than mine is. Almost every time I dig a nickel signal it ends up being can slaw or a beaver tail pulltab. crying01

It sounds like you're doing a lot better job at the park than the others who are hunting there. Give yourself a pat on the back! :clapping:

Spike
10-08-2011, 09:49 PM
[quote=Tony Two-Cent link=topic=7333.msg84773#msg84773 date=1318125028]
Beautiful old Merc, and congrats on all of those nickels! Your E-Trac must be a lot better at finding nickels than mine is. Almost every time I dig a nickel signal it ends up being can slaw or a beaver tail pulltab. crying01

It sounds like you're doing a lot better job at the park than the others who are hunting there. Give yourself a pat on the back! :clapping:
DITTO Everyone else ether missed them or was to tired of digging tabs You da man lol

BillZ
10-08-2011, 10:13 PM
The other MDers that guy was talking about must have their disc up too high. Good job on the nickles!

bob_e99
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Awesome finds for a supposedly detected park. My son is always telling me that no place is totally detected (although I think I've hit a few that have been lol )

I'm still amazed at the amount of silver being posted.

aloldstuff
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Congrats on the merc a nice looking one and the wheats. Nickles abound with your e-trac. Nice hunting at a susposedly hunted out park. I hunt with a V3i and it to is a nickle magnet.

Dixie Rebel
10-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Good hunt The E-Trac is definitely a nickle magnet.

Mudder
10-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Very nice Merc, and your right about the nickles. They seem to do that every once in a while. Mostly I find pennies, but last week turned up 4 buffalo 1 war nickle and a handful of clad nickles. Been hunting since May and found more nickles in one day than I did the rest of the time combined. Nice Hunting. Congrats. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: