PDA

View Full Version : COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND HUNTS

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Fri after work hit the house that gave up the sweet Ct copper & the funky spanish copper.got 2 buttons & thought i had another copper at 1st glance. a 1942 british half penny
Sat went with Gary to a couple beautiful foundations,pounded to death. a barrell tap and not much else.
Today i went solo to 2 cellar holes.one is a park as you can read.last time here with rcat i dug a 1837 scovills hard times token.not much came out of there today,just 2 flat buttons.
but,adjacent to the sperry hole is another one that i never knew was there.mostly mid to late 1800's stuff.a turning purple strap side whiskey flask,a OXKNOB! a kinda neat sash buckle and some spoons and bowls .no coppers this weekend :-\

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
more pics

tanacat
10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
lol love the pic of the cows :smitten: They look very interested in your presence... :)

Love your finds, love your foundations... :clapping: Now how do you find all of these cellar holes?? Google earth, tramping through the woods, word of mouth, all of the above?

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
lol love the pic of the cows :smitten: They look very interested in your presence... :)

Love your finds, love your foundations... :clapping: Now how do you find all of these cellar holes?? Google earth, tramping through the woods, word of mouth, all of the above?

thanks Tana! umm ancient chinese secret on how we find em.
j/k all of the above and then some! ;)

Civil War Nut
10-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Nice finds H .

aloldstuff
10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Come on now, wheres the picture of the oxknob? LOL You got about 100 of them now right. Nice whiskey flask. Sorry you didn't score any LC's or coppers.

OxShoeDrew
10-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Those sash buckles are thin :yes:
I'm still waiting to find an ox knob. :dontknow:
Thanks for posting.

Toadman
10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Lov the buckles ! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

SeabeeRon
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Another great post by the Master!! :clapping: |:cheering:

del
10-10-2011, 07:32 PM
hey Dave great area pictures , looks like very nice area to detect :smitten: :smitten: but all those ladies in that one picture look to interested in you :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i know you told 'em you were single and available didn't you lol rofl :teasing: :poke: very cool sash buckle mister |:cheering: too bad about the modern British half penny :thumbsdown: i know you were dreaming of more Connecticut coppers while digging that one up :hairpulling: but it good to know that the best weather is finally here and some great finds will be made soon.

Dan