PDA

View Full Version : So much for hunting this weekend...

Bentfork
01-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Good morning fellow hunters!

I missed the 14 inch blizzard that occurred here in Okieland over the Christmas holiday. Can't really say I was hurt by that. lol Another wave came in yesterday and so far the accumulation of ice and snow is on the order of 1-3 inches at my place. It is suppose to continue throughout the day. Guess it is time to crank up the tumbler and start searching the 400+ rolls of coin I have been collecting from banks for a couple of months.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p126/bentfork1/1_29_2010_snow.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p126/bentfork1/1_29_2010_snow_2.jpg

Gary

coinnut
01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Yep, everytime it seems like winter is over, it hits us again. We just got rid of the snow and then we got about 2-3 inches yeaterday. But the bitter cold has set in and I think with the wind chill, we are below zero today. Can't dig in that lol Time to do other things. You coin roll hunting or just searching all your old finds??

Bentfork
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
You coin roll hunting or just searching all your old finds??

Yep, when the weather is ugly I work on my collection. I hunt rolls and bags for silver, additions to my collection, error coins and anything odd. Between the wife and I we manage to keep me well stocked in rolls and bags at all times for coinage to search through. I rarely do pennies or nickels unless I know the source has possibilities. Plus, I don't need any more wheat pennies. lol

G.

Islandhunter
01-30-2010, 07:34 AM
I HATE winter!!!! Can see grass in alot of palces here due to the 2 inches of rain we got after getting almost 2 feet of snow last week. Looking out the window it is very tempting to grab the M6 and give it a try. However those thoughts vaporize as soon as I open the door...it is all of 1 degree here and with the high winds the wind chill is a balmy 25-30 below.... >:\
C'Mon SPRING!!! thumbsup01

Bentfork
01-30-2010, 08:59 AM
I HATE winter!!!!

Grab coin rolls or bags when you're near your bank and have them ready. But, don't give into the temptation to bust them open until times like this. It's a great way to pass the time and it's almost as big a rush as digging treasure.

G.

hoser
01-30-2010, 04:19 PM
IH I surely feel your pain brother. Its +10 here right now and for some reason it feels warm. :huh: :shocked04: I need to go lay down. lol

Epi-hunter
01-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Here is what it looksed like in balmy Lexington, KY this morning. Around four inches here. Everything screeches to a dead halt around here when it snows like this :)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/snowinky.jpg

Bentfork
01-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Angie, you must have gotten what hit us on the way through. By my estimate we had 4-6 inch accumulation.

G.

del
01-31-2010, 02:05 AM
thats what it looked like last week around here then the rain took it all away , then shortly there after we got another 2 to 3 inches :ticked: :bangahead01: so i feel for ya Bentfork

John M
01-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Maybe the weather will be better this week and melt it away for you.

RickO
01-31-2010, 12:17 PM
No new snow here (yet), but five degrees this morning.. that is actual temperature, none of this windchill stuff. I do not like the cold. RickO

Jason in Enid
01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Got a foot of the white stuff here at my house. 2 foot drifts in the driveway. :mad: Of course the handle on my scoop shovel broke at the beginning of clearing. :bangahead01:

Of well, with last weeks warm-up, maybe this will help kill off a lot of the bugs this year. I've got a great spot lined out once things dry up. Also a sledding hill that will need hunted. thumbsup01

coinnut
01-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Got a foot of the white stuff here at my house. 2 foot drifts in the driveway. :mad: Of course the handle on my scoop shovel broke at the beginning of clearing. :bangahead01:

Of well, with last weeks warm-up, maybe this will help kill off a lot of the bugs this year. I've got a great spot lined out once things dry up. Also a sledding hill that will need hunted. thumbsup01

If I were you, I'd use that sled on them hills. lol You can always go back later and find what you lost :yes: I hate to say it, but it's been a long time since I was on a sled :rolleyes: