PDA

View Full Version : New Hands Free Video Camera

CyberSage
01-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Well I got a new toy that will accompany me on future hunts.

A new 3 megapixel Video Camera capable of 736 x 480 DVD quality resolution videos with stereo sound. Check it out...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/IKAM.jpg

If you don't see the camera in the above photo, look a little closer at the sunglasses.

Thats right, it is embedded in the frames of the sunglasses. It has a 9 hour recording capacity with 8GB MicroSD card. The battery life is about 3 to 4 hours. There is a micro USB connector in the frame for hooking to a PC and it comes with interchangeable Polaroid glass lenses. Clear, dark, amber, and morning light yellow. Here is a little video I shot. I uploaded this to Youtube and it really crapped up the quality, but you get the idea...

Spectra V3 Swing Speed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smmi4Xi78F0#)

EDIT: use the resolution arrow on the lower right side to set this video to 480 P

The microphones are ultra sensitive. I was actually whispering during the video. Much more sensitive than human hearing. This kind of is an issue if you try and talk in a normal voice. Sounds farther than 3 feet away sound great though. Anyone know a video site that will preserve the quality and resolution?

http://www.predatoroutdoorproducts.com/sport.html

Keep Swing'in
Jack

magic
01-29-2010, 04:15 PM
That looks great! What did they run?

CyberSage
01-29-2010, 04:23 PM
They retail for about $199.00 I got mine from a local dealer. You can find them online for around $179.00

magic
01-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Not bad...I have never posted any videos. Maybe I can get some tips and instruction from you if I decide to pick some up.

Lowjiber
01-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Jack...that's a cool tool you got there. Nice video with it too.

Thanks much!!!

Beefcake
01-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Sensitive mic eh? I thought you were trying to sound all sultry and what not. Nice picture on that camera buddy, but if you keep whispering like that, you'll draw RH over here! I bought a 10 tripod for my camera that way I will be able to set it down while I dig. Got it at Big Lots for .99 wooohoo...

wheresthegoodstuff
01-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Just curious what is your recovery delay set at for that slow of a swing?

angellionel
01-29-2010, 11:36 PM
That is a pretty neat tool to have, and the video is actually good. I will have to look into getting one. Thanks for the post, Jack! thumbsup01

CyberSage
01-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Just curious what is your recovery delay set at for that slow of a swing?

My Recovery Delay was set to 100. This is key to getting those coins to sound off fully.

CyberSage
01-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Got it at Big Lots for .99 wooohoo...

I get a lot of yard stuff at Big Lots. The have good deals on sprinklers and garden tools. 8)

BHNugget
01-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I'LL BE BACK
Sorry Jack,couldnt resist 8)

kurtnks
01-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Very cool product :yes: Is there a on/off record switch?

CyberSage
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Very cool product :yes: Is there a on/off record switch?

Yes there is to small push buttons on the top left side of the frames about half way back to your ear. One is a power button, the other is the start stop record. Here is picture of the CAMO version. You can just see the buttons

http://www.realtree.com/assets/gearGuide/iKam/ft.jpg

coinnut
01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Very cool product. It's amazing how small and discrete it can be. And the memory is pretty good too. Beats lugging and trying to position a video camera. This could make detecting and recording finds fun. I wish it had a wider view, I'm afraid I'd cut off the good parts lol

Beefcake
01-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Sheesh... shows how dense I am... I thought you just took a picture of yourself in the sunglasses with your new camera... I had no idea that the glasses were the camera... Helps to read all the post before viewing the vid... Very cool stuff Jack!!!

Schrecky
01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
That is pretty cool, of course know I expect a video with all your excellent posts. ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
that's very cool! thanks for the video.
can you cahnge the v3 settings so you can move around using a faster sweep?
or is that just the way you have to use the v3? wow i't take awhile getting used to swinging a coil that slow :-\

CyberSage
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
The V3 is very versatile. You can adapt it to most any hunting condition. I choose this method because it allows me to run down to the old park about 3 blocks away at the end of the day and make great old coin finds. There is a lot of Silver Dimes still out there Brother. ;)

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Ill Digger
02-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Wow ! Those are super cool!
I thought for sure they would've coast way more than that.
Looks like they would make filming some hunts pretty simiple.
Thanks for the tip 8)

sectshun8
02-06-2010, 05:19 AM
8) Awesome Jack!

You gonna be sportin' those when we get a chance to meet up hopefully sometime near the end of this month or beginning of March? :twirlingeyes:

SpringTxDigger
02-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Awesome gadget there Jack. Thanks for sharing. I may have to get me one. The video quality looked good!

Oh and Jack make sure you shut that thing off when you take a potty break! :embarrassed:

Beefcake
02-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Awesome gadget there Jack. Thanks for sharing. I may have to get me one. The video quality looked good!

Oh and Jack make sure you shut that thing off when you take a potty break! :embarrassed:

LOL... Does that thing have a zoom on it Jack:huh:

CyberSage
02-10-2010, 10:29 PM
LOL... Does that thing have a zoom on it Jack:huh:

Your a funny man Beef. I just had a feeling you would chime in on this one. lol I saw it coming. lol rofl

toehead
02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Way Cool!! thumbsup01