PDA

View Full Version : HALF A DAY HUNT*SPORTSMAN BUTTON & SILVER

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Had the afternoon off and at 4pm had to help somebody close up their pool so,i had 4 hours to kill.decided to go back to a site that gave up my old silver etched religous medal.
a few buttons one being a livery or sportsman button with a horse on it, a strap hinge, a couple suspender buckles.one with a 1854 patent date,a old marksman pin(is this military?WWI maybe?) next i target i dig and this small silverish disc pops out at 1st i was thinkin 1/2 dime :happydance01: rub it and i see play money :hairpulling: at a colonial cellar hole? :huh: last target i was thinkin copper copper! a 1916 merc at 5 inches no D mintmark :tongue:
mazuma play money 1930's
http://www.timepassagesnostalgia.com/&searchkeywords=mazuma+play+money&sis=-1&rdir=1

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-10-2011, 08:22 PM
few more pics

Ill Digger
10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
8/ That dang play money should've been outlawed! >:/ >:# lol
But at least you were able to get some real silver after all! thumbsup01
Thats one intricate buckle :huh: I don't ever recall seeing one like that before :dontknow:
Cool button too! thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

OxShoeDrew
10-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Is that john Paul Jones a key date? :poke: :grin:
Interesting stuff...even the horse shoe is distinctive.
No fun lugging that big door hinge outta there.
|:cheering:

Toadman
10-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Love the buckle on pic 17.. great hunt !! <: <: <:

jkress
10-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Another great hunt HMN. :clapping:
Great grab on the Merc but I love the buckle. Very cool. The Marksman piece is interesting.
Yep... almost all of my potential half dimes in the dirt end up being play money. lol

del
10-12-2011, 05:41 PM
wow and i get upset finding a lincoln memorial at a 200 year old cellar site but a shiney play money coin might just put me over the edge :hairpulling: >{ >:{ :twirlingeyes: lol lol that stinks Dave , hey are you sure George didn't hunt that with you in the past as i could see him placing something like that to take the wind out of ya . lol lol not a bad 4 hour stint , good relics thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Cool buckle with the patent date! Nice digs |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-12-2011, 07:59 PM
wow and i get upset finding a lincoln memorial at a 200 year old cellar site but a shiney play money coin might just put me over the edge :hairpulling: >{ >:{ :twirlingeyes: lol lol that stinks Dave , hey are you sure George didn't hunt that with you in the past as i could see him placing something like that to take the wind out of ya . lol lol not a bad 4 hour stint , good relics thumbsup01

nah George was never at this site. I kinda like the play coin.it's from the 1930's & has a colonial era icon on it.way better than a uncle sam play coin in my book |:cheering:

aloldstuff
10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Play money and then a 1916 no D dime. Something is sooo wrong, but that buckle is really cool looking.