PDA

View Full Version : good silver day

randy
10-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Was lucky enough to find 10 silvers today. This is my second double digit day. This was at a site that I mentioned last week had the potential to be a monster site. It has alot going for it -- its huge, trashy, and has some difficult and variable mineralization to deal with, which likely has frustrated some who have come before me. I know it frustrated me a bit yesterday.

Thanks for looking and HH.

396nova
10-11-2011, 08:13 PM
:omg: Very nice to say the least. :perfect10: I am one of the few people on this site that has not found silver. When I see a post like yours it gives me hope. Good luck on our return hunt to that location.

milco
10-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Your persistance and regular multi silver hunts are impressive! I'll bet you'll be on that site for awhile! :clapping:

RaZR
10-11-2011, 08:39 PM
:omg: Very nice to say the least. :perfect10: I am one of the few people on this site that has not found silver. When I see a post like yours it gives me hope. Good luck on [size=1:crazy:t]our return hunt to that location.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that phone call. rofl

Tony Two-Cent
10-11-2011, 08:42 PM
You continue to amaze me with the amout of silver you find, Randy! That is incredible! Even more amazing is that two of them were quarters. You were certainly right about that site having potential! I bet you pull a lot more great coins from there.

Thanks for providing inspiration for us all! :clapping:

Ill Digger
10-11-2011, 08:52 PM
:shocked03: Man you found yourself a hot spot! :shocked04: :drool:
Was each coin a single dig?
Thats some fertile ground! lol :yes: :drool:
Awesome day!
Congrats :grin:

randy
10-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Was each coin a single dig?

One of them was 2 silvers in one hole, a merc and the older quarter. Real difficult to hear in the trash. I wasn't sure if it was a silver, but opened the plug and the merc was right there. Rescanned and still heard something in there, opened it up and couldn't find anything, then couldn't hear it, closed it up, rescanned, heard it, opened it up again and poked around and got the Q. I'm thinking I heard the Q the first time, and the merc was just a gift.

dave in iowa
10-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow , what a day .... great finds.... thumbsup01

Ill Digger
10-11-2011, 11:11 PM
One of them was 2 silvers in one hole, a merc and the older quarter. Real difficult to hear in the trash. I wasn't sure if it was a silver, but opened the plug and the merc was right there. Rescanned and still heard something in there, opened it up and couldn't find anything, then couldn't hear it, closed it up, rescanned, heard it, opened it up again and poked around and got the Q. I'm thinking I heard the Q the first time, and the merc was just a gift.
Thats a nice surprise!!
Again Congrats on a stellar day!!

jkress
10-11-2011, 11:33 PM
:drool: :daydream: :drool:
Fantastic day Randy. Ten silvers is an incredible hunt.
Sounds like your hunch is spot on. My guess is you have a nice site to grid and happy dance on. :peace:
It is going to be exciting to see you apply your skill set to this area. :->

aloldstuff
10-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Great day Randy, anybody could only wish for 10 silvers in one day. Sounds like a great site and huge congrats on your recoveries.

tanacat
10-12-2011, 07:29 AM
:perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Way to go Randy! :clapping: Congrats on the double digit silver- something I dream about...

angellionel
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
That's my kind of site, Randy.... old, highly trashy, and neglected by those who only want to hear the solid signals. I love hitting places like that. :smitten: And yet the naysayers still continue to claim that there isn't much silver left at public sites. :rolleyes: Excellent hunt! :clapping:

Epi-hunter
10-12-2011, 07:59 PM
A huge collection of silver randy, and definite proof that the silver is out there! The E-Trac, in the right hands, loves those trashy sites and it's worth the hard work to pull all that silver. Congrats on a great hunt! I'm sure that place will keep producing for you.

CyberSage
10-12-2011, 08:15 PM
A good Silver day? I would say a fantastic Silver day! Getting to know your detector and hunting environment obviously pays off. Great results! Congratulations on nice hunt Randy. Thanks for sharing. There is a lot of Silver out there to be had if you put in the time.

Jack

396nova
10-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting for that phone call.
RaZR, What do you do for a living? Proof reader? rofl Ya can`t blame a guy for trying. Would he really miss one thin Merc? I should have included my phone number, and said I woud buy coffee. <}

bob_e99
10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Only in my dreams .....

Great hunt!

Mudder
10-13-2011, 06:00 PM
:omg: Well, it may have frustrated you a bit, but it sure didn't stop you. Great hunting. |:confused:) :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: