PDA

View Full Version : Wen't out today at the beach cold, cold cold.

Eagle 1
01-30-2010, 08:54 AM
I just had to go to the beach to day Tide was - 1.4. Sat will be - 1.8 sun will be -1.9 monday will be -1.8. I think I will go back on sunday. Boy was it cold I was out for 1 hr. and had to go to the car and heat up my fingers they were fronzen. I changed my gloves went back out. I was at OOB Maine Flueinc showed up too. The water was frezeing on every thing. It felt I was swing a block of ice My finds after 2 hrs. 00000000. How cold was it ! well let me tell you it was so cold that when the sea water hit my rod it would freezzz instantly. Flueinc's coil was coverd in ice. I wanted to do a video but my battery diyed on my camra. At one spot in the water when my E-Trac would go off I would dig and I would have a hen clam in my scoop.
Well after seeing the wether this morning I just might go out today. The wind will gone nothing like yesterday. It was 16 and the wind was up to 50 mph. Tide is low at 4:50 and the tied will be - 1.8 . so back to OOB. Sunday -1.9 I think I will Wells & Ogunquit. Monday is up in the air where I will go if I go. That is Flueinc in photo.

Eagle 1

coinnut
01-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Eskimo weather lol I've tried walking York Beach, Maine during a very windy March day. Needless to say, that wind goes right threw ya :rolleyes: I bet you guys were a lot colder than we were today.

Eagle 1
01-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Went back out today. Yes it was nicer today and warmer then yesterday. I got today 3 penny's one was a wheatee,
one dime, and one quarter. Also I found this Antique Henley and James Ltd Sample Iodex Ointment Tin London Montreal New York. It is like this one in the photo. I was to lazy to take a photo of it. It not as good as this one.

Eagle 1

coinnut
01-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Must have felt good to go out and not freeze solid lol How old do you think that tin is anyways... 40's 50's?? Take advantage of any days that are nice, winter can be long sometimes :rolleyes:

Eagle 1
01-30-2010, 08:27 PM
vintage, antique, 75 to 100 years, medicine tin, ointment tin

leslie(nova scotia)
02-01-2010, 06:47 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....hope you had on your fur lined long johns. Lived near the artic afor a few years and loved it but a different sort of cold there.

tanacat
02-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Sledgehammer and pic ax right? Hi I'm Tana, nice to meet you. Nice find on the tin. I found a Richard Hudnut Three Flowers rouge compact- early 1900's. btw I'm new here and haven't posted any pics yet.

I admire your gusto- 2 hours! Actually I had the fever last week & went to an old church built in 1780 (found 2 quarters and penny) it was about 35 degrees, but the windchill was biting... I only hunted for about 15 minutes lol. C'mon spring...

RickO
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I find it amazing that you guys go out in such cold... Not for me. Congratulations on finds and fortitude. RickO

Eagle 1
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
HI: Tana
Nice to meat you, welcome to the forum. That Friday was a very cold outing at 16 D the the wind was 50 + at times.
I was dress very well even a face mask. Leslie no it was not fur lined long johns. But I did have long johns that a must on days like that. Can't get fur lined around here anyway that would spoil all the fun. That tin was pretty cool.

Eagle 1

del
02-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I find it amazing that you guys go out in such cold... Not for me. Congratulations on finds and fortitude. RickO

i agree the beach can be very brutally cold with the high winds i give you alot of credit that you lasted as long as you did ,i'm torn between giving you my vote for most hardy detectorist of the year award thumbsup01 or setting you up with a good therapist to help you with that self abusing issue you apparently have lol lol :poke: ;)

Eagle 1
02-07-2010, 08:22 AM
i agree the beach can be very brutally cold with the high winds i give you alot of credit that you lasted as long as you did ,i'm torn between giving you my vote for most hardy detectorist of the year award thumbsup01 or setting you up with a good therapist to help you with that self abusing issue you apparently have lol lol :poke: ;)

Yes Del I have been loosing my marbles for quite some time now. I see that XMainah had pick them up and gave them to Krom and Snowy for a door prize at there Cabin Fever Meet.
Boy O boy now I will never get my marbles back. So I thinking a good looking therapist could bring me back too my censuses. :bop: rofl rofl

Eagle 1

del
02-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Yes Del I have been loosing my marbles for quite some time now. I see that XMainah had pick them up and gave them to Krom and Snowy for a door prize at there Cabin Fever Meet.
Boy O boy now I will never get my marbles back. So I thinking a good looking therapist could bring me back too my censuses. :bop: rofl rofl

Eagle 1

hey me , Coinnut , you and a few others can all go together for a nice discounted group rate lol rofl

Eagle 1
02-07-2010, 11:42 AM
vote for [b]most hardy detectorist of the year award

O K were are you hiding my boob prize. :confused: :crazy: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: thumbsup01

Jim rofl

Krom
02-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Your wife has it, Jim. rofl

Eagle 1
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Your wife has it, Jim. rofl

ya Joe you sad a mouth full. rofl

Jim

miller6670
02-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Swinging that Minelab I see.... lol thumbsup01