PDA

View Full Version : Military Button or Civil war ?

Dixie Rebel
10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Went back to the old school today to score some more finds. I have found more nickles at this one spot than any other. Most date from 39-45 lots of Wheaties also. I started detecting finding can slaw a few nickles and Wheaties. When the wife calls >:/ lol. Shes says you know a storm is coming I said yeah just looked at the radar. Thinking it will pass as I go about detecting looking up ever so often. Well It was getting late and I started a grid working my way back to my motorcycle. Funny how you always get that last signal as you start towards your vehicle lol. Anyhow I get this nice 12-46 signal around 7 inches deep thinking silver :drool:. I dug my target and thought at first it was a washer. Brushed some of the dirt off and seen a eagle heart pounding now. Took some water and rinsed the back off and seen the words water bury button co. So I load up head towards home and noticed black clouds :shocked04:. About 1 mile from home the bottom fell out wind pick up. Had the e-trac strapped to my bike inside its protective cocoon. Made it home unloaded my gear the e-trac was nice and dry |:cheering:. Did a quick search and came up with a I.D. maybe. First one Great Seal of the US (Defense Guard) second one Civil War. Maybe you all know what it could be ? Thanks and H.H.

del
10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Dixie Rebel that is the U.S. Great seal and was adopted for the U.S. Army in 1902 and has been used ever since on their uniforms , so with that said the back mark may narrow the time frame down a little more . their nice buttons and usually clean up pretty well.

Dan

Dixie Rebel
10-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks Del that was a fast reply Thanks. What I can make out on the back reads water bury button co and what looks like conv or comn.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-12-2011, 08:01 PM
waterbury button co waterbury conn.the factory was right across the street from my house.a mall sits there nowbrass mill mall nice find!

Epi-hunter
10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Nice find!! Love seeing the buttons, even though I never find any. |:cheering:

aloldstuff
10-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Very nice recovery, if I can't dig up some silver I always hope for a good button. Congrats