PDA

View Full Version : A muddy hunt

jkress
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Got out this morning for a hunt and arrived on site about 90 minutes before the down pour started. The EMI at this site was the most I have experienced so far. Sensitivity cut in half along with noise canceling every 12 feet made for a challenging hunt. :stretcher:
The rain came to relieve me from my misery. lol

After 6 hours of nice ground soaking rain, a break in the weather allowed me a window to get back out there. Although I had to endure, what Ill Digger calls the silverless drive home of shame lol :cheesysmile: , I was still able to add another IH to my collection. Eight more and I hit 100. I'd really like to hit that milestone this year. It was muddy, but worth the effort.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-164.jpg

milco
10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Nice Joe, I'd take that pile of oldies any day! You don't see 1909 IH's that often, nice find and good luck hitting 100. I am sure you will get there easily.

Tony Two-Cent
10-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Nothing shameful about that hunt!

You don't see 1909 IH's that often

You really don't. I don't suppose there is an S on the back? :)

Nice Buffalo and a lot of wheat cents too! Around here the wheats that are green are usually 1942 and older and the red ones are 1944 and after. I've yet to find a buffalo nickel with my E-Trac, although I have found two V Nickels. Granted, I don't dig too many nickel signals.

Nice digs, Joe! :clapping:

Epi-hunter
10-12-2011, 09:18 PM
No way is there anything shameful about that hunt. Some really nice oldies! It's been awhile since I have found an IH.

I told you it would stop raining :poke: lol

My last three hunts have been silverless drive homes of shame lol Too funny (except when it happens to you :rolleyes: )

tanacat
10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Congrats on that beautiful IH, I bet you'll be at 100 in just a few days lol

You always take such great pics of your finds Joe! I need to cruise through your 2011 gallery again- it's been a while :)

Btw, I'm waiting patiently for about 6 hrs of rain. Desperately needed here in Central Kentucky...

jkress
10-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice Joe, I'd take that pile of oldies any day!

Thanks D.

I don't suppose there is an S on the back? :)

No, I forgot to mention that in the post. Just a 1909 plain. An S would have been very nice, but the plain isn't too bad either.

I told you it would stop raining :poke: lol

My last three hunts have been silverless drive homes of shame lol Too funny (except when it happens to you :rolleyes: )

Yep... you were right. I doubted it at first, but then I looked out and thought, dang... she was right.

silverless drive home of shame Tim coined a great phrase. :yes: It's funny because it's true. rofl

Btw, I'm waiting patiently for about 6 hrs of rain. Desperately needed here in Central Kentucky...

Thank you Tana. I'd love to send some your way. Ground was getting very dry here too.

Ill Digger
10-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Although I had to endure, what Ill Digger calls the silverless drive home of shame lol :cheesysmile: ,
<} <}
It hurts a little don't it Joe? :poke: :poke: lol Yeah...It's a lonely row to hoe :( \:[

BOY! I'm I glad I found that Merc today! <: :poke: lol
Just kiddin'! lol Really you can't be upset with a hunt like that!
A IH and a old nickle, meaning a buff or older, equals a silver dime in my book! :yes: thumbsup01
And you've found 92 IH's this year already :shocked03: !!!?!! 8/ Thats mind boggling!! :shocked01:
Not to mention....I need a 09 ! Thats a toughy :hairpulling: :yes:
Nice hunt Joe! Defiantly worth it! :yes: thumbsup01
Congrats !! :grin:

CODY
10-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Great finds. I have yet to find an IH. Maybe one day.

aloldstuff
10-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I would definately love to have those finds in my keeper pouch. Fantastic hunting and I am sure you will hit that 100 IH mark. To me that is such a number, that I wouldn't even dream of hitting it. And the 1909 is not found very often, congrats on all your recoveries.

randy
10-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Beautiful IH :smitten: I think I have 4 this year, so between us maybe we'll get to 100 :poke: Good luck, maybe in the next couple weeks for you.

tanacat
10-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Thank you Tana. I'd love to send some your way. Ground was getting very dry here too.

It worked!!! <: Not sure how much yet, but I just woke up to a drizzly sky and lots-o-rain puddles :yes:

leslie(nova scotia)
10-13-2011, 10:08 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice scoff on the coins and I'm sure your wife was like mine when I came home full of mud.......take those off before you come in the house! <;)

396nova
10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
>:\ Raining here today, so I`m reading and posting. Nice hunt! You want to talk about silverless rides home. >:{ I have had about 40, every ride home is silverless. :( I get to ride home with clad. :yes: Keep up the good work, your post are great. |:cheering:

dave in iowa
10-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Niether mud nor snow will keep Joe from diggin the loot . great hunt Joe

pulltabsteve
10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Joe, all of your hunts are super! Cant wait to see the 100th IH of the year :peace:

bob_e99
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Very nice finds with a really nice Indian head. I haven't found a single one so I can't even imagine what finding 100 would feel like.

:wow:

Mudder
10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Nice old IH and with only 8 more to go, I think that you will make it. Great hunt :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: