PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Deep Run NC via Lexington, KY

spywiz
10-13-2011, 09:32 PM
My name is Bobby. I am 47 years old and retired. I am a veteran of the Air Force and Army. I have been detecting for 30 years, but just recently became active again. I have used many different brands including Garrett, Whites, and Minelab. I currently have a Minelab E-Trac, which I am still learning the language of. I live in eastern North Carolina. I moved here about 8 years ago, from Lexington, KY. Where I was raised. I retired from the Lexington Fire Dept. after an injury.
Happy to join this community. I go by spywiz on here, but on most other forums, My name is DiggingNC. Call me whatever you want, Just call me 4 dinner.
HH

Bobby

Ill Digger
10-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Hey Bobby! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
We have a few members here from your old stompin' grounds in Kentucky!
It always great to gain another experienced detectorist like yourself thumbsup01 :clapping:
Glad to have ya!
I can hardly wait to see what your diggin' up down there in eastern North Carolina!! :drool: :->

del
10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
hello Bobby and welcome to the forum . let me first just say thank you Bobby for your service to this great country of ours . your in a great area of the country for nice relics , theres alot of very good e-trac users heres to get tips from and lots of info already about that machine . glad yo could join us here .

Dan

aloldstuff
10-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Bobby, welcome from western ma. After 30 years of detecting you must have some great finds. My niece is currently in the Air Force, probably a career girl. Looking forward to your posts.

Al

randy
10-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. Yes, thanks for your service. As for the E-Trac, plenty of great info here -- best advice is tons of time in the field -- the learning curve is steep, but well worth it IMHO.

396nova
10-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Welocome from SE Wisconsin. Both your new home and home town are great detecting areas. Good luck and show them finds. |:cheering:

jkress
10-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the forum Bobby. Glad you joined our crew. :clapping:
Thank you for your service. :yes:
Retired at 47 will give you plenty of time to find some great things to post here. :-> Congratulations to you.
As many have proven here, once you learn the language of that fine machine... hold on tight, it'll be a fun ride.

Epi-hunter
10-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Bobby,

I missed this before.... welcome to the forum! I am currently living in Lexington, KY (for the past 4 years; born and raised in Iowa and lived there until moving here). Glad to have you!

Angie

tanacat
10-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I missed it too! I live here in Lexington, Ky also thumbsup01 My husband is born and raised in Charlotte, NC :) Welcome to the club!

CODY
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome Bobby. I retired from the Meridian, Ms. Fire Dept after 20 years. Been a Police Officer for the last 13. Talk about jumping from the pan to the fire, WOW! Anyway, I been mding since May. Looking forward to your post and years of experience.

Jeff (or)
10-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Hey Bobby, great to have you here!!!! :cool:

Jaybird
10-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bobby. Thanks for your service and a BIG Rocky Mountain HI from Colorado. I swing an E-trac and have been in this MD business since about 1975 and looks like you are also an old timer to the hobby. Good luck in your hunts. |:cheering:
Jay

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2011, 06:23 AM
I have been detecting for 30 years, but just recently became active again. I have used many different brands including Garrett, Whites, and Minelab. I currently have a Minelab E-Trac, which I am still learning the language of.

Welcome to American Detectorist, Bobby! Your experience as a detectorist sounds very similar to mine. I started with a Garrett back in the old days, went to a White's, then a Fisher, and I currently swing an E-Trac.

Glad to have you here! Happy Hunting!

Mudder
10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the crew Bobby, and good luck. thumbsup01