PDA

View Full Version : Hello you fine people

anotherpulltap
10-14-2011, 02:11 PM
:wow:Glad to be here. I have been detecting for two years now. I started out with a Whites 5900 DI PRO as a starter, it was a confusing to used because of many knobs, switch and adjustment parameter. I did manage to get a two mercury dimes out of that beat up park for couple of months. Upgrade to garret Ace 250. what a great starter machine, so simple to use and found a jar full of modern coins. and my best find with that machine is a 1911 barber and two silver rings. I upgraded to a minelab musketeer colt and got a gold weding band and a silver ring 10 feet away. Sold that one and got a Minelab Sovereign, a great realic machine. I did find some deeper silver coins and buffaloe nickles . Sold that one too, but got a Minelab Explorer SE for a replacement. I'm happy with this machine: My silver coins count is getting up there: my best find is a Standing liberty and 1951 frankling Half last week. my only complains about the Explorer is my pulltaps count is down. Hoorah!

Epi-hunter
10-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi, and welcome! Glad to have you aboard. Wow, that is a lot of detectors in two years! Sounds like you have done great with them. I used the SE for a couple of years and it is a great machine. Looking forward to seeing your posts! :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Welcome from western MA. We have alot of great folks on this forum with alot of knowledge. I am strictly a White' guy but I see you have had quite a few detectors in 2 years. Looking forward to your posts. Keep digging.

Al

tanacat
10-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Hello from Kentucky! I've had 3 White's brand in 2 yrs - you & I've been hunting about the same amt of time :)

I'm looking for another detector for my 4 yr old son/hunting buddy. Maybe I should try Minelab :thinkingabout: Could use it as backup also :rolleyes: lol

del
10-14-2011, 06:35 PM
:cheering: Glad to have ya here Anotherpulltap , welcome to the forum . well you are officially in Angel territory :eyebrow: so that might be another reason your silver counts aren't up there where they should be lol lol but if your still finding silver you must be doing something right :clapping: |:cheering: :clapping: theres a few guys here from western Mass. and i'm just below you in Enfield Ct.

Dan

randy
10-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. Sounds like you are off to a fine start. I've yet to pull a Franklin.

396nova
10-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin. Sounds like you got this detecting thing figured out. Looking forward to your future post.

anotherpulltap
10-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Thank you for all of your supports. I love my new hobby! Never a dull day when I'm out detecting, even if all day digging junks, or even in the middle of the lighting storm once . It's my piece of heaven.

I'm here to pick up some pointers from you folks. I still know nothing about nothing. I'll show you some of my past and new find in my later post. Happy digging! :->

jkress
10-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist. We are happy to have you here. :clapping:
My first detector was an Ace 250 and moved to the Explorer SE too.
The Explorer SE is a great machine as you are finding out. It is capable of some great depth and more importantly
target separation. You'll be very happy with the results once you become in tune with it.
Looking forward to your posts.

OxShoeDrew
10-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi Pulltap,
I understand...I go though detectors like potato chips...but now I'm done for years (fingers crossed).
Have a great fall season and welcome from a few hours away in NE CT.

CODY
10-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Looking forward to your posts.

Ill Digger
10-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Hey anotherpulltap ! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

Jeff (or)
10-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the standing liberty and franklin half!! :cool:

Jaybird
10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the forum. A BIG Rocky Mountain HI from Colorado. Sounds like you are off to a great start. You definitely have found good places to hunt. Keep us posted on your finds. thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist!

Glad to have you here! Happy Hunting!

Mudder
10-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the crew, and good hunting. thumbsup01