PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrr. hunt with Del and John M.

coinnut
01-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Well we did it :rolleyes: 2 degrees this morning and the three stooges went out to play in the snow. We hit the same cellar hole I got a Connecticut and Dan got his 1831 copper at last time. It was very cold to start the day, but I got some new boots (no more sneakers until at least March :grin:) I started finding buttons right off the bat with a couple of Tombac coat buttons. Then a lot of nothing until I got a very strong but odd reading on the E Trac. Listen up E Trac guys, this 1855 Large Cent bounced from a solid 1-48 to 5-46, but mostly hung at 1-48. That is way off from what it usually reads which is 12-46, sometimes 10-46. It was most likely on edge, maybe even verticle to give those numbers. I was very happy to get my first copper of the day out of the way. A while later I got another solid double reading on a 12-46 at 2. When they are that shallow, the read twice. It was of all things my first ever Nova Constellatio copper (cause I wanna be just like Del) rofl Well Dan, don't worry about anyone confusing our coppers, mine doesn't look like yours :mad:. Scored a 1909 Wheat, a 1890 Indian and finally got my 3rd copper of the day, a 17:eyebrow: Connecticut Copper. I was hoping that the coppers were in nicer shape, but it was not to be. Lots of other stuff and minimal Iron. Most of the iron dug was because I was trying to make a good signal from a bad one :confused: It was a great day for me today. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
WOW :drool:holy crap ya did good. awesome stuff.c'mon man ya gotta put this much pressure on me this early in the game? :bop: :-\
i gotta find a partner that can brave the elements now :confused:
nice stuff and congrats!
and i think you are the king of the designed and unusual buttons thumbsup01

kurtnks
01-30-2010, 06:14 PM
thumbsup01 Great hunt,way to go. We had 6 of snow last night,most melted off today thinking about going out and getting my F75 all muddy in the morning :-\ Thanks for showing yours finds--take care--Kurt

angellionel
01-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Those are exceptional finds, George. :shocked04:stretcher: They sure must have made it worth it detecting in that frigid temperature. :yes: Very nice!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
bracing myself for dan's & john's finds next :crying02:

coinnut
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
WOW :drool:holy crap ya did good. awesome stuff.c'mon man ya gotta put this much pressure on me this early in the game? :bop: :-\
nice stuff and congrats!

Thanks Dave, No pressure this year, I'm just crusin' for all kinds of finds. No contest for me :yes: But if I was counting .... that would make 4 coppers already rofl It was a good day today. The E Trac brought it's A game thumbsup01

thumbsup01 Great hunt,way to go. We had 6 of snow last night,most melted off today thinking about going out and getting my F75 all muddy in the morning :-\ Thanks for showing yours finds--take care--Kurt

Hey Kurt, Thanks. If you can get out, go for it thumbsup01 Them finds don't jump out of the ground unless you dig 'em lol Hope you do well if you get out tomorrow :yes:

Those are exceptional finds, George. :shocked04:stretcher: They sure must have made it worth it detecting in that frigid temperature. :yes: Very nice!

Thanks Angel. It was my day for a change. lol It's no fun gettin slugged repeatedly by Del :poke: :poke: Take this Del :bop: :bop: lol

John M
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow George you did good.I managed a few small buckles and a couple hunks of junk before my pocket started to vibrate.Always know nothing good comes from that when I am out detecting.It killed me when my daughter called back and said she needed to get picked up early.Did not want to leave but when plans change I always am the one on the short end.Any way what area did you get the coins from,The upper fields?It was a cold start but I was comfortable and dressed for it.Now to see what Dan posts up and if it is like your finds I will never leave my phone on again.

del
01-30-2010, 06:32 PM
George ya forgot to mention to everyone that i had to insult you , to coax ya to go detecting today lol rofl boy arn't ya glad i did . maybe next time i'll just ask ya nicely so ya don't kick my @#$ in the finds department like today :bop: i hope this is a lesson for all not to verbally abuse motivate your detecting partner into smokin ya at a site :twirlingeyes:

that my friend is some good cellar hunting :shocked04:stretcher: :yes: thumbsup01 that site has been awesome to you , congrats . oh by the way its your turn to find the next spot , cause i need some coppers :grin:

well it was freezing this morning , after a few hours i had ice built up on my eye lashes lol lol which was a first for me lol then it warm up to a balmy 19 degrees :yes: and it was still dark while we hiked in so i took a shot at the full moon and my compadre's ( John M and Coinnut) . then i got a picture of the new site and finally my meager spoils , i got the same as last time a bunch of great sounding targets but none were coins except one and that was only a half a coin (matron head type large cent no date) and a sweet two piece button that reads Scovills co. waterbury on the back (1840-1850) . HH all.

coinnut
01-30-2010, 06:39 PM
That button looks like something from an alien movie. lol Nice looking though, in a mesmerizing way :confused: It was a pretty good hunt until I forgot my backpack and had to walk back to the hole, when we were almost at the Jeep. :rolleyes: And for the record, I like it when you find the sites. I believe the corral site was one you found also rofl . Good, more coppers for me :poke:

John M
01-30-2010, 06:47 PM
That is a very unique button Dan with some nice shine.Hey man half a cent is better than nothing.It definitely looks like George did the most digging.I had a good time with you guys the past two weeks and will have to try to get some sites put together possibly down this way for the Spring.At least I have a wonderful daughter who said she was sorry a few times on the ride home.
Looking at that pic it sure does look like I was cold and sucking air.
George try using the scotch bright over the coppers,it will knock down some of the roughness.

angellionel
01-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Good gosh, Dan! You guys might as well have been detecting at the North Pole. lol John and George do look well bundled up though. :) Some neat buttons there. That odd one did clean up very well. Nice hunt guys! thumbsup01

coinnut
01-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow George you did good.I managed a few small buckles and a couple hunks of junk before my pocket started to vibrate.Always know nothing good comes from that when I am out detecting.It killed me when my daughter called back and said she needed to get picked up early.Did not want to leave but when plans change I always am the one on the short end.Any way what area did you get the coins from,The upper fields?It was a cold start but I was comfortable and dressed for it.Now to see what Dan posts up and if it is like your finds I will never leave my phone on again.

Hey John, most of the coppers were close to the hole, with the 1855 being in the back end of that field. The coppers were just below the hole close to some big rocks.

George try using the scotch bright over the coppers,it will knock down some of the roughness.

Yea, I tried it. Them coppers wuz shotz lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-30-2010, 06:57 PM
nice! that button is amazing! wow.too bad on the 1/2 cent :ticked: but better a half than none i suppose :confused:
nice day out guys! thumbsup01

sniffy
01-30-2010, 07:07 PM
nice stuff and congrats!
>:\ I can withstand artic climates and chisel half cents outta the ground!

sniffy
01-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Awesome day guys...keep it up!

coinnut
01-30-2010, 07:10 PM
>:\ I can withstand artic climates and chisel half cents outta the ground!

Oh Boy Dave, Now ya got sniffy after you :bop: I think he needs a younger hunting partner lol We are gettin' older dude :rolleyes:

MassDirtFisher
01-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Congrats to all of you on a great days digging!! Happy Hunting!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh Boy Dave, Now ya got sniffy after you :bop: I think he needs a younger hunting partner lol We are gettin' older dude :rolleyes:

i can hang swing for swing anyday with these young whipper snappers ;) thumbsup01

sniffy
01-30-2010, 07:19 PM
i can hang swing for swing anyday with these young whipper snappers ;) thumbsup01
:poke: wake up dave.....your snoring!

coinnut
01-30-2010, 07:21 PM

Not a problem Dave, but that's a cane you are swinging.... WAKE UP DAVE rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Not a problem Dave, but that's a cane you are swinging.... WAKE UP DAVE rofl

quit pickin on my coppa cane!!! :bop:

del
01-31-2010, 03:04 AM
thanks all for the comments

nice stuff and congrats!

hey that gold button George found looks like the one you just found Dave , ya got to watch out for George he likes to copy people you know ( you find a cool gold button , he has to find one . i find a nova constellatio coin he has to find one ) i think it makes him feel better about himself a need to fit in if you will lol :poke: :poke: lol :tongue:

as far as braving the elements the cold wasn't that bad the detector and i were bundled up pretty good and it had no issues at all
the ground is in most areas still soft as warm butter , Dave. the biggest problem is the FRUD ( Frozen Mud) the damp wet dirt sticks to the end of your relic shovel blade and quickley freezes and then its like digging with a baseball bat :beatdown: :bangahead01: lol lol but we had a good time

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-31-2010, 06:36 AM
thanks all for the comments

hey that gold button George found looks like the one you just found Dave , ya got to watch out for George he likes to copy people you know ( you find a cool gold button , he has to find one . i find a nova constellatio coin he has to find one ) i think it makes him feel better about himself a need to fit in if you will lol :poke: :poke: lol :tongue:

as far as braving the elements the cold wasn't that bad the detector and i were bundled up pretty good and it had no issues at all
the ground is in most areas still soft as warm butter , Dave. the biggest problem is the FRUD ( Frozen Mud) the damp wet dirt sticks to the end of your relic shovel blade and quickley freezes and then its like digging with a baseball bat :beatdown: :bangahead01: lol lol but we had a good time

george you copy cat :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: be a leader not a follower ok? :tongue: :tongue:
yeah i got the perfect FRUD remover patented......a good whack against the nearest tree does the job thumbsup01

today I is gonna take sniffy to the sites that smiley couldn't weather the other day rofl gotta be some more coppers around that need a nice n warm cozy home :cheesysmile:

and what's this about him losing his back pack? :confused:
you can dress this boy up but ya can't take him anywhere huh dan? i suppose all his finds were in the back back too rofl
Dan the next time you guys go hunting do me a favor...ya know like when you were in kindegarten you had your name tag pinned to your chest?

I think ya better pin one on G's chest. my name is George i live in springfield mass.if found please return home.
Cuz ya know the way he wanders?? just a matter of time now before he loses himself. God and us know he has lost everything else thus far :embarrassed:
j/k kiddin G we love ya man :smitten:

randy
01-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow, some pretty nice buttons and coppers there thumbsup01