PDA

View Full Version : POUNDED CELLAR HOLES*1777 SPANISH REALE

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Got out with Gary to hit some sites.they were nailed to death.got a tombac button & a convex button.a piece of broken shoe buckle a no date IH and while walkin the old dirt road,about 10 feet in front of me i notice a shiny disc just laying on top,figuring when i get to it it's gonna be a new quarter or nickel from a hiker.Get up to it and :shocked03: holy crap a 1777 one reale just layin there plain as day :crazy: Glad Gary witnessed this as I wouldn't have believed it if somebody told me this. a mucky wet sloppy day of hikin old dirt roads.

pulltabsteve
10-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Thats an awesome display of history you have in your hand! Congrats on another amazing hunt Dave |:cheering:

jkress
10-15-2011, 10:42 PM
:shocked04: I have never heard of an eyeball reale find. <: How crazy is that? I guess erosion has a positive side too.
Great finds with your detector as well.

Ill Digger
10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
:eyebrow: See!?! >:/ Here we are metal detecting our tails off! Hopin' to get lucky enough to dig up a 64 Rosie at 6 or 7 inches!
And here your out there picking up 1700's Spanish silver right off the surface like it's still in circulation! :rolleyes: 8/
I mean...come on man! >{ Your killin' me! :hairpulling: lol
No...just kiddin' lol. That's just crazy :crazy: !
I wonder how many people have walked right over that thing and never even knew it was there? 8/ lol
Good eye Dave! thumbsup01
I'd say it was defiantly worth it! :yes: thumbsup01
Congrats ! :grin:

tanacat
10-16-2011, 07:39 AM
:shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03: Your eyes must've popped out of your head like this :shocked03: lol

Maybe someone else detected it out there and then dropped it- now that would be wild... Anyway, that's an outrageous eyeball find!!! Congrats! :beerbuddy:

rsarge1
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
wow that beats my finding a wheat penny on the floor while in line at the local wendys this weekend lol wtg :clapping:

del
10-16-2011, 10:54 AM
now , let me get this straight :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT doesn't need a detector anymore :huh: he just spots them colonial coins with his x-ray vision :eyebrow: don't tell me you skunked Gary with an eyeball reale find :rolleyes: that might even put me over the edge Dave lol rofl lol how did ol' Gary do anyways :huh:

hey all joking aside congrats on the 1 reale :cheering: :cheering:

Toadman
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Heck of a coin ! I imagine all the rain may have washed some earth away.. happydance02 happydance02 Iv'e gotten them here in mass at less than an inch too..Slow sink rate due to the weight maybe thumbsup01 thumbsup01 sweet buttons too happydance02 :happydance01: <:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
now , let me get this straight :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT doesn't need a detector anymore :huh: he just spots them colonial coins with his x-ray vision :eyebrow: don't tell me you skunked Gary with an eyeball reale find :rolleyes: that might even put me over the edge Dave lol rofl lol how did ol' Gary do anyways :huh:

hey all joking aside congrats on the 1 reale :cheering: :cheering:

rofl :cool: he didn't get much a floral 2 piece button full gilt

Epi-hunter
10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Incredible history that you are holding! And that Spanish silver was an eyeball find? :omg: :wow:

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
10-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Someone is living the good life, namely you. What an excellent eyeball find :perfect10:
If my hunting partner found that on top of the ground, I don't know what I would do. :omg: Very nice find

KirkPA
10-18-2011, 08:46 AM
That is the way to do it, Dave! You are having an epic year. Keep hunting those cellar holes hard with your passion. :happydance01: |:cheering:

Kirk :clapping: