PDA

View Full Version : Hi from NW Houston

ScubaGold
10-16-2011, 08:30 AM
I am new to this forum. I began detecting old home sites in Oklahoma in the 70's with my 2 sons. I now live in NW Houston area and research old maps and documents for old Texas towns/site/military camps, etc.. I try to find the good sites that the Texas Historical folks haven't yet made off-limits with their historical markers. I currently use a Fisher F75 LTD. :interesting:

Epi-hunter
10-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us |:cheering:

I've heard good things about the F75. Looking forward to seeing your Texas finds! I hope that you have been getting a little more rain there so you can dig.

396nova
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin <:You live in a very historic area. Can`t wait to see your finds.

del
10-16-2011, 03:31 PM
how ya doing ScubaGold , glad you could find us here on American Detectorist . i'll be looking to see some finds from your part of the country.

Dan

CODY
10-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome scubagold. Glad you found the forum. How you like that F75 LTD? I have been using an F4, but been thinking about upgrading. Don't know why, I like the F4. I live in Mississippi, but got a brother who lives in the Woodlands. He works for the Mongomery Co Sheriff's Dept. He just got into mding. He hasn't used his much, says its hard to find a place out there to hunt. Probably just stays too busy doing other things. Anyway, glad to have you on the forum and hope to see some Texas finds soon.

Dimeman
10-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the forum from another NW Houstonian.
There are some great members on here and they are very helpful and friendly.

There are a couple clubs in the area. PM me for more details.

aloldstuff
10-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Welcome Scubagold from western ma. Glad you found us, there are a bunch of nice people on here and looking forward to your posts. Hope you can find some turf that hasn't been marked historical

Al

Dimeman
10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Welcome scubagold. Glad you found the forum. How you like that F75 LTD? I have been using an F4, but been thinking about upgrading. Don't know why, I like the F4. I live in Mississippi, but got a brother who lives in the Woodlands. He works for the Mongomery Co Sheriff's Dept. He just got into mding. He hasn't used his much, says its hard to find a place out there to hunt. Probably just stays too busy doing other things. Anyway, glad to have you on the forum and hope to see some Texas finds soon.

There are lots of locations to detect in Montgomery County, and a club also. My brother also lives in the Woodlands and is in the club. I can give you more information about it--for him, if you PM me

tanacat
10-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the forum! I prefer very old homesites myself. So do you 'scuba for gold' also? :)

jkress
10-21-2011, 10:39 PM
It's great to have you here with us SG. :clapping:
Glad you found us and joined the campfire.
Looking forward to your posts. I'm assuming your are getting into
some prime detecting weather now.

Jeff (or)
10-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist!!!! :cool: :beerbuddy:

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist, ScubaGold!

Glad to have you here! Happy Hunting!

Mudder
10-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the crew ScubaGold, and good luck. thumbsup01

Snapolson
10-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the forum from CT!