PDA

View Full Version : silver and clad today

randy
10-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Had all day today to hit a site that had given up 3 consecutive double digit silver days; wanted to see if I could get another personal record on silvers in a day, instead ended up with several personal clad records :confused:, but still pulled a generous amount of silver <: :happydance01:

Started off at sunrise at the edge of the hot zone whose run rate had been about 2 silvers per hour, but I pulled just 2 mercs in 4 hours, which, while fantastic, was suggesting that that side of the hot zone was played relative to its run rate (and the park geography also suggested such).

Switched to the other, less promising side, and it turned out to be a good choice, as I pulled 2 more silvers in the next hour. Kept gridding from that side, and was pulling nothing but deep wheatie after wheatie for the next hour. Quite frustrating, really, and I noticed my 2.5:1 wheatie to silver ratio was blowing out, and I watch these ratios. All wheaties and no silvers was inconsistent with the site so far (and historical ratios), and I also noticed the wheaties in this zone were on the edge of were the E-Trac could hit them. So, I made an adjustment and slowed down the sweep speed even more, and it worked, in the next hour, I heard them better and pulled 4 silvers, including 3 in a row :happydance01: (I should probably regrid the previous section, where it is apparent I was going too fast). I now had 8 silvers in 7 hours, and keeping the double digit streak intact was still in play.

This edge of the hot zone was also fading, however, and I pulled 1 more silver in the next hour, leaving 3 hours before sunset to pull one silver to keep my streak intact.

The hot zone was played, so I tried some different zones, the first was a dud, but the next had yet another deep, iffy silver, and I opened it up, and pulled a nail >:# Iron false. >{ But, I always rescan, and sill heard the silver down there in the trash. Opened up again, and pulled a merc <: <: <: for my 10th silver of the day, and 4th consecutive double digit silver day.

Eventually managed to pull 3 more silvers in the final 75 minutes before sunset for a total of 13 over 11 hours of hunting. The site appears to have given up its last mega silver day, but it was fun while it lasted. No doubt some silver still remains, but not at the amazing density I experienced over the past 6 hunts (68 silvers).

As for clad, pulled a huge pile as you see, including 84 quarters, 52 pennies, and 46 dimes (all personal records). Pulled 1 nickel and 0 zincolns happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 Was definitely focused on the high tones today, and with the extreme density of low tone trash, what else can you do?

In toto, pulled 234 coins, which is also a personal record. Well, I thought a week or so ago that this site could be a monster, and it worked out that way, but I think its now back to being just a normal site. We'll see.

Well, thanks for reading if you made it this far, and HH.

milco
10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Incredible hunt Randy! WTG! :wow:

dave in iowa
10-16-2011, 10:15 PM
wow what a day . thumbsup01

jkress
10-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Awesome work Randy! Eleven hours of hunting shows some serious dedication. :yes:
Through your hard work, you have definitely mastered the trade. |:confused:)
A big congrats on this hunt and your whopping silver count. :drool:

Ill Digger
10-16-2011, 10:18 PM
I made it that far all-right :yes: Thats unbelievable! 8/ Wow!
84 quarters?! Wow! That's 21 bucks by it's self! :shocked04:
And double digit silver count.....again!! :envious: :clapping:
Awesome Randy! |:confused:)
Congrats :grin:

Mudder
10-17-2011, 06:03 AM
:shocked03: Randy, I think that you were just a little busy on that hunt. Very sweet silver count. Congratulations. :clapping: :clapping:

z118
10-17-2011, 06:12 AM
WOW! That is one heck of a haul. That blows my best clad day out of the water, though I've never had 11 hours to detect at a time before! Your knees must be killing you, but a silver haul like that would be well worth it for sure. Congrats! And I still envy your wheat to silver ratio - mine is 8-1 this year.

aloldstuff
10-17-2011, 08:31 AM
|:confused:) Randy, seems like another GREAT day of yanking silvers out of the ground. Your last four hunts, silver wise, beats my yearly total. Huge congrats :perfect10:

Epi-hunter
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
That is just phenomenal Randy :perfect10: I can't believe how many silver coins (and total coins!) you have pulled out of that site!

Those photos and your story are a huge motivation. Thanks for sharing! It will be interesting to see how many more silvers you get from that site :happydance01:

JTGOLD
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
awsome day of hunting,and a great bunch of silver too,wtg Randy.