PDA

View Full Version : sssssilver !!!

lee
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
so i get home from work today still feeling like ive been run over by a truck (man cold) but looking at the stunning day i decided to suck it up and be a man.
i call larry and ask him if he wants to hit a site my wife thought might be good, he says yes, and before long we are swinging happily .
after about 10mins i get a signal telling me its a cent about 2inches down,so putting my detector on the floor next to the hole i get another signal ? im like huh ? so i move it again and place it a good 2 ft away......beeeeeeep.....im like what the f_ _ _ :huh:thinkingabout:.
anyway i dig the first signal and low and behold 2 inches down pops out a 1903 barber dime !!!! my first ever.
so i call larry over who is just as excited as me to see silver,i tell him i think i got 2 more signals ,one at 2 inches and one strangly on the top the first turns up a 1905 indian head and the second a 1889 indian head with nothing but a surface tree root covering it !!!!
to say im happy is an understatement ......wow
anyway here is the pics , the barber is an o and sadly not an s but ya know what ? i couldnt give a darn..........weeeeee

http://i51.tinypic.com/21diyvq.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2mwaz9z.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2eedirr.jpg

del
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
hey Lee , great looking barber dime :clapping: :clapping: the wife should pick out all your spots from now on lol lol congrats on the indians too. :cheering:

coinhunter
10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Great find Lee.Looking forward to see my cousin Larry posting a silver find soon.He must be going nuts by now.Did you guys get it all ?

Epi-hunter
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Beautiful barber dime lee! That spot is worth hitting again and again. :perfect10:

lee
10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
nice to meet you at last coinhunter, and glad to see youve joined the rest of us nerds on here..lol.
larry is but a swing away from getting somthing realy special thats gona make us both scream .......acturly we are both like a pair of school girls when we find things...im like weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ands hes like waaaay haaaay...lol

coinhunter
10-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Hopefully he finds silver before the snow fly's. It can be a long winter waiting for spring.I have been known to hunt plowed snow banks in the winter near malls. 3 days ago I hunted an old ball field that Ive hunted 5 times. Found very few new coins but yesterday I found an 1877 fifty cent piece 4 inches down . Can't believed I missed it before. One thing I have learned you don't always get all the first time. I thought I would post the fine after Larry finds his first silver. Haven't found any gold coins yet and don't really expect to. If I do you will hear a scream from New York to Conn. When I first started metal detecting and made a good find my hands would shake and I would loose my breath. I think I got myself some what under control now.

396nova
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Very nice. I love seeing silver. Great post. You have a great site researcher.

Tony Two-Cent
10-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Really great finds, Lee! Two Indian Heads and a Barber Dime would make my month! To find them all in one day is a special hunt indeed! I bet that made you forget about your cold for a while!

Congrats on the terrific old coins!

:cheering: <------- You celebrating like a school girl. lol

CODY
10-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Great lookin Barber and Indians. Congrats!

jkress
10-17-2011, 08:10 PM
ssssssssuper job lee! :clapping:
Great looking Barber. :smitten: Nice IH's too.
Excellent finds. :peace:

Ill Digger
10-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Isn't it great how a couple of IHs and a Barber will make you feel sooo much better! :yes: thumbsup01 lol
Nice finds! thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

lee
10-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Really great finds, Lee! Two Indian Heads and a Barber Dime would make my month! To find them all in one day is a special hunt indeed! I bet that made you forget about your cold for a while!

Congrats on the terrific old coins!

:cheering: <------- You celebrating like a school girl. lol

thats it tony,thats exactly the dance me and larry did....ha ha ha .....where you watching us:huh:thinkingabout:lol

skribnodsister
10-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Congrats Lee, thats one nice looking barber and nice IH's also :peace:

aloldstuff
10-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Lee, it was only a matter of time, congrats on the Barber and the IH's. Keep digging and heres hoping you get some more.

bob_e99
10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Silver and IH, now that's a really sweet combo. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Congrats on a great hunt!

Mudder
10-18-2011, 03:08 PM
:omg: Lee, you have a gem when you found the Barber. Don't think I've see one that nice in a very long time. Congratulatons! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

EastCoast
10-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Congrats on the Barber Lee and the two Indians !!!!, what a great find.

That Barber sure is a beautiful coin. Looks exactly like the day it was dropped. Glad I was there to help you celebrate. I guess I'm really going to need to pick up the pace on finding my first SILVER. You are light years ahead of me. Lets keep hunting as you never know what's in the next hole !!!!!!!!