PDA

View Full Version : CT Copper and some other goodies

sniffy
10-17-2011, 06:32 PM
These are my finds from yesterdays hunt with Heavymetalnut. We hunted up my neck of the woods, found some very VERY nice lookin colonial sites.....but unfortunately someone else found them first. Oddly, most of the cellar holes in these woods have been VERY good to me. The ones we set out for were DUDS, however I did pull a few buttons and an Indian Head. Sooooo, we decided to hunt a colonial hole that has produced a few dozen buttons but only 1 copper. I've pounded this place....I've hunted it slow and gridded the whole area....Dave starts pullin buttons and I'm like :dontknow:I ended up gettin a VERY deep signal in a very OBVIOUS spot that i went over a million times and pulled this old CT at about 10 inches or more with the ole prizm III. :omg: :wow: :happydance01: happydance02....Had a good day...alot of walking but I love this time of year...Thanks for lookin!

del
10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
yup i have to agree Jesse the weather is about perfect and with the recent rains we been having the ground conditions are just about there too. ground conditions are always changing , keep going back to those old sites . congrats on the Ct. copper and buttons .

sniffy
10-17-2011, 07:42 PM
yup i have to agree Jesse the weather is about perfect and with the recent rains we been having the ground conditions are just about there too. ground conditions are always changing , keep going back to those old sites . congrats on the Ct. copper and buttons .
Funny you say that, this was a site that I didn't have much interest in going back to anytime soon.....and the signal just magically appeared.....I maticulously covered this small area very slowly. Gotta love suprises!

del
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Funny you say that, this was a site that I didn't have much interest in going back to anytime soon.....and the signal just magically appeared.....I maticulously covered this small area very slowly. Gotta love suprises!

concentric coils because of their inherent signal field can be difficult to overlap your swings unless you are very very slow and like i said ground conditions play a huge part in finding targets . small buttons and deep targets can be very easily missed if moisture is lacking some . George and i always go back in the early spring to these sites and still find targets , its just the physics of the hobby is all.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-18-2011, 07:02 AM
was nice day out jess! glad ya dug a copper at your pounded out site.vdi reading 58-60 i was thinkin KG suprised to see it's a CT

KirkPA
10-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Way to hit it hard, Sniffy. :peace: Keep hunting with the Colonial thrill! :happydance01:

Kirk