PDA

View Full Version : So many bottlecaps, pulltabs and other........

Dimeman
10-18-2011, 01:46 PM
.... JUNK !!!!!!!That you don't want to hear all the bad target sounds:huh:thinkingabout: :(
Neither does anyone else so they move to a different area that is cleaner with less trash..

That is GREAT news for some of us who occaisionally want to find older coins, in the older parks. :yes:
Yes there is many years of trash thrown all over the park and some of it just as old as when the park was 1st used.
By gridding a small section--2:blackeye:20 foot and slowing down your swing speed and setting your DISC just above iron, these areas CAN suprise you. :thinkingabout:

Of course you have to dig every signal no matter what.......but in between the years of trash and junk, and under all the shallow trash, there is a very strong possibility of old coins that nobody has dug up yet.
We know digging up metal trash is boring----------BUT-----you never know what will be in the ground until you dig it up and see it !!!!!!!!!!

In such an 2:blackeye:20 ft square area I dug bottlecap after bottlecap...pulltab after pulltab...junk pieces of metal after junk pieces of metal for 1 1/2 hours in a 20 ft.X20 ft. section of a 1940's park. I did this in 2 separate parks this morning using my Fisher F5.

These parks have been hunted and hunted by a good number of very good detectorists.
I got over $9 in clad (94 coins others didn't get----- late 1960's to early 1970's clad) AND ---7 wheats
[attach=1]

and a silver dime.

[attach=2]

Just in a 2:blackeye:20 section of 2 separate parks. I bet there is lots more still hidden under all the trash.

OxShoeDrew
10-19-2011, 04:13 PM
You are sooo right. There are many goodies being hidden by iron. I was in my yard yesterday testing my separation and was saddened when i couldnt get a dime to speak that was 3 or 4 inches away from a 5 ×7 piece of sheet metal. :shocked04:
I'm going to try it again when the rain stops. Its changing the way I'm invisioning what's going on under ground.

Dimeman
10-19-2011, 04:48 PM
And since nobody else want to hunt those areas, because of all the trash in the ground, you can take your time and cover small sections, over a period of outings.

396nova
10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Good post. That`s how I feel. I haven`t had quite the results as Dimeman, but I am finding my clad deeper, so I think the silver is getting closer. Keep them insirational post coming.

aloldstuff
10-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Those that work hard will reap the benefits. Nice post, hope you get it all

anotherpulltap
10-25-2011, 06:03 PM
:->I trick myself into believing the pull tabs and bottle caps are the good stuffs that I want(reverse psychology) and everything else in between-- just a bonus

randy
10-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Trash is your friend. Congrats on sniffing that silver out.

POKIE73
12-24-2011, 07:48 AM
i have had a hard time getting that very same message to my grandson he is 11 by the way in the last 3 or 4 hunts at our local park that has been hunted hard for years he was able to find a great looking 1881 ih and then a 1913 barber dime goes to show you take your time and the rest will take care of itself good luck hunting dennis

p52ntwrk
05-31-2012, 01:15 AM
not a fan of bringing threads back to life, but this is by far the best motivation! Dimeman you said it right!