PDA

View Full Version : N. B. Forrest in Trenton

Civil War Nut
10-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Hidy to all and hope all are well . Well now I have the hunting right to all the land from the rail road to the bypass at Trenton , and thats is a lot of swing and walking . But I dont mine a bit .Beans are still on the land that I found the mouthpiece to a bugle and a Ga. button last year and other stuff that was in the A. D. Magazine . It sure is some nice people around there . So here is what I found Sun. & Mon. afternoon . Old lock of some kind , one .54 cal. sharps ringtail , .54 cal. sharps , five .54 cal. minnie bullets one looks like a starr , one .36 cal. cs rev. the other I dont know . Hope yall enjoy , and good luck to all .

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
nice handful of lead right there! hey can you identify this piece of lead i dug?
is it a sharps mini? what is a sharps anyways? a type of rifle?
helllppp!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Civil War Nut
10-19-2011, 10:10 PM
nice handful of lead right there! hey can you identify this piece of lead i dug?
is it a sharps mini? what is a sharps anyways? a type of rifle?
helllppp!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:
Hidy Heavy. Can you tell me what cal. it is . Here is some pic. The first is all Sharps except the 5 in the top right coner .

jkress
10-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Awesome bunch of lead CWN. :clapping: Some of the ones you dug look like they made impact.
You are very fortunate to have such great potential CW ground to hunt. I am certainly envious. :envious:
It's great to have you and your expertise here on AD. :yes:

Civil War Nut
10-19-2011, 11:19 PM
My upmost thanks . And yes some of them hit something . These were shot the Union at N. B. Forrest when he raided the depot . I have a map I will put on here later to show how I can find all these bullets . Good luck at all things .

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-20-2011, 08:57 AM
thanks for the info on the sharps.
below is a reply from another forum member who hunts in Kentucky.....

Looks like it's 44cal if so, that little bullet is a very scarce CS copy of the US bullet for the Hazard revolver that's listed in Mason & McKee's bullet book as #482. The one in the book is made finer and not as crude, also yours is not as pointed and shorter. I've seen one a little smaller, maybe 36cal also. Most of the time they all are grouped together as just pistol bullets, but if you look closely you can tell they are not the same. Also yours has an uncut sprew with a slight cold pour (the hole in the bottom), to me that only makes it more desirable. If I was selling it and it being perfect, I wouldn't take less than $30.00.

tanacat
10-20-2011, 01:56 PM
:happydance01: Great bullets CWN! Thanks for the extra info. That time period is fascinating.