PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate Park Finds Jan 30th

adkelley
01-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Guys,
This is my first post on this forum. Kudos to the administrators. The look and feel of the site is nice, and the posts have been very informative so far.

Lately there's been a run on finding Seated dimes in Godlen Gate Park (GGP), but I thought it best to show what we normally get after 6-8 hours of hard labor :bangahead01:. A few of us met at GGP yesterday with M.T. and I starting around 10AM. We hunted Little Rec (the smaller ball field) for most of the day, then I moved on to greener pastures after the rest called it quits. I'm not giving up, but I tell you its getting harder and harder to find silver in GGP. I found the 1963 D Roosie just before dark, and man am I ever grateful :yes: The 1950's Wheaties were surface finds, probably exposed due all this rain we've been having. The 1957 D is interesting because its been cut to the size of a dime. My understanding is kids used to do that in order to fool the vending machine into taking it as a dime (those were the days). lol

So this concludes my Jan hunts, my silver tally thus far for the year 1 Washington, 4 Mercs, 1 Roosie, after 33-hours with my E-Trac. Just one more wheat than silver so far, but I'm sure that'll begin to decline unless I have another multiple silver day. Happy hunting everyone!

-Alex

angellionel
01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Kelley, welcome to the forum. It's always a good feeling to still be able to pull silver from parks that been detected hard over the years. You have been doing well this month. thumbsup01

coinnut
01-31-2010, 08:16 PM
I hear you on the time put in vs. the finds lol Sometimes all you get is a couple of cents, but other times you strike silver. Still, them cents are Wheats... and where there are wheats, there is SILVER. :yes: But glad you set the record straight on finding silver. We don't need another California gold (silver) rush lol It's just nice to know there is even Seated at that park. It gives you something to shoot for.

MT
01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Very Nice Alex, and welcome to the forum.
Great hunting with you yesterday.
HH,
MT

Epi-hunter
01-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Alex, and welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around thumbsup01 I would imagine that park has been hit like no other. Congrats on pulling silver from it! That had to be a great feeling :)

del
02-01-2010, 07:20 AM
hello Alex and welcome to American Detectorist , wtg on the silver rosie.

Jason in Enid
02-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Welcome to AD, and congrats on making some great finds.

hoser
02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the forum. Good going on the wheaties and the silver.

John M
02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Welcome aboard and Congrats on the silver.

SeabeeRon
02-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Welcome Alex, good to have another West Coaster! :tongue: 8)

ProPointer
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the forum! Golden Gate park is, form what I hear, a heavily hunted spot. But eh' any hunt with silver is a record hunt for me!