PDA

View Full Version : Got another first today after work.

skribnod
10-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I only had a hour to play with after work so I decided to hit a local yard I had previously hunted. The problem with this particular yard is the nieghbor has a electronic dog fence. The back yad also has a huge power box and a cable box. EMI is merciless and next to impossible to hunt. The last hunt I managed a couple mercs and thought I would try again. Halfway in to the hunt I was hitting clad every couple feet then as I closed in on the city sidewalk I finally got a deeper signal. Dug 6-7 inches and out pops a 1903 IH. I was thinking .... well that made it worth while. Following the sidewalk another fifteen feet produced clad. I then hit a 12-47, 12-46 @ 4 inches. I was thinking clad quarter, I dug four inches down and out pops the quarter, but not a clad quarter but a 1900 Barber :shocked03: . This is my second sidewalk Barber find this year, earlier this year I found a 1902 half dollar six inches from the sidewalk. Thanks for looking.

randy
10-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Love those barber Q's! Sweet hunt indeed.

pulltabsteve
10-21-2011, 05:39 PM
SWEEEET!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the awesome finds. Keep em coming :perfect10:

Ill Digger
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Oh! :huh: And she's in nice shape too! :yes: thumbsup01
Great find! Man that was shallow too :confused: :dontknow: <:
Congrats on that baby! :grin:

jkress
10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
<: Now that is an hour very well spent. :yes:
The Barber is a beauty. :smitten: That is certainly a nice one to add to your collection.
Congrats JR.

Tony Two-Cent
10-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Two beautiful old coins, love the Barber Quarter and the Indian Head! :smitten:

Way to have a very successful hunt in spite of the EMI. Your persistence paid off big time!

aloldstuff
10-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Great hunting, EMI stinks. Congrats on the 2nd Barber and that IH

skribnod
10-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the great replies. I am lucky to find what I have found this year in short hunts. I do seem to find more in my short hunts than I do in a all day hunt. I don't understand it, but it seems like it always works that way.

Oh! :huh: And she's in nice shape too! :yes: thumbsup01
Great find! Man that was shallow too :confused: :dontknow: <:
Congrats on that baby! :grin:

It amazed me on how shallow it was also. The Barber half I found this year was also very shallow. I think when the sidewalks were put in years back the coins may have been disturbed and brought closer to the surface.

Two beautiful old coins, love the Barber Quarter and the Indian Head! :smitten:

Way to have a very successful hunt in spite of the EMI. Your persistence paid off big time!

Thanks Tony, I am sometimes short on patience but it did pay off this time.

MinelabIowa
10-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Big silver Wow! Nice looking Indian too!