PDA

View Full Version : FLASH: PULLTABSTEVE'S DIGGER A WINNER!

OxShoeDrew
10-21-2011, 06:22 PM
After work I was in my car (a la Fred Flintstone) on the way to a digging spot that Merc/Brandon found. I was excited to try out my new digger that Pulltabsteve sent me for cheating...I mean guessing the closest number in his contest. It changed my life! Well...maybe not...but I dug all kinds of interesting things with it. The first metal to fall victim to my new, shiny shovel was a Belgium chest metal, a Royal Order of the Lion. Awarded by royal decree for service to the African Congo (at one time part of Belgium). Then a 1945 Merc, bunch of wheats, cool fly button, then in the dark...found the Rhode Island seal cuff button. It had thin metal wires through the shank, which I think are the links to another button that I've yet to find :grin:
Sorry that nothing is completely clean yet.
I'm going to have to install a cooling system to my new digger because its so HOT!! Thanks Merc, thanks Steve!

del
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
very very nice Drew |:cheering: , beautiful button does the R.I. have a backmark :huh: lets hope that digging tool never cool off :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
10-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow, great finds! :perfect10: |:cheering: I just love that medal!

Sounds like Steve sent you a great tool for digging the really good stuff! |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
10-21-2011, 07:29 PM
I bring luck wherever I go :grin: Congrats Drew. Keep digging the oldies :peace:

jkress
10-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice... very nice! :clapping:
A couple more hunts like this and Steve will be asking for the digger back. lol
Looks like it found a nice home in your hands. Hard to pick a favorite from your group. Love them all.
Congrats.

wild willy
10-22-2011, 04:13 AM
very nice!! :clapping: willy

OxShoeDrew
10-22-2011, 07:26 AM
very very nice Drew |:cheering: , beautiful button does the R.I. have a backmark :huh: lets hope that digging tool never cool off :beerbuddy:

Thanks everyone,
Dan, it says superior quality on the back...which means it ain't. :)

CODY
10-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Very cool finds.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-22-2011, 06:13 PM
i'm likin that button! is it a one piece? or 2? could be a good one

OxShoeDrew
10-22-2011, 08:11 PM
i'm likin that button! is it a one piece? or 2? could be a good one

Two piece Dave, I found one on the net that has the same front but with a scovill backmark. My back mark is superior quality.

Merc
10-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Thats a sweet button Drew, and with all that iron around i know how hard it was to find. Great job sorting through the trash. thumbsup01