PDA

View Full Version : silver this afternoon + ID bracelet

randy
10-22-2011, 07:46 PM
One of the fun things about detecting in new towns is finding new restaurants and stuff like that, so I took the family to one of those this afternoon for a late lunch, with the ulterior motive of getting a little swing time in afterwords >8)

Got on site by 3:45PM and detected 'til dark, and pulled 6 modern silver dimes and a war nickel. :happydance01:

Also pulled this ID bracelet from the same depth, so I'm guessing its from the 40s or 50s. Rang like silver, looked like silver in the hole, but doesn't so much in the pic. Will acid test it, but my question is, is this something you'd make an effort to return? I'm not sure what the point of the bracelet is -- all that is there is a name and address, and it certainly is not all that valuable, even if it turns out to be silver. Any ideas?

Epi-hunter
10-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Great score Randy!! Again.... :wow:

I am just waiting to have one day like that before we hit 2012 :yes:

That almost looks like a medical bracelet, except those usually have the medical emblem on them to signify an allergy or diabetic or whatever. Since it has contact information maybe it belonged to a child in case they were lost or else to a mentally disabled adult? Just a guess. Can't think of another reason to wear such a bracelet with full contact information.

MinelabIowa
10-22-2011, 08:24 PM
What a site you got there! Perfect silver day!

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Another great silver day, Randy! That bracelet does kinda look like silver to me. I'm not sure how much effort I would put into tracking the person down and returning it. Like you said, it's not an incredibly valuable item.

I hope your family enjoyed the restaurant as much as you enjoyed finding all that silver! ;)

randy
10-22-2011, 08:56 PM
The bracelet is silver, but not sterling. I'm no chemist, but the acid seems to give a reading in the 800 to 900 range.

Cheap Thrills
10-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Great hunt Randy you're really kicking butt lately !! :perfect10: thumbsup01

:groovy:

del
10-22-2011, 10:21 PM
The bracelet is silver, but not sterling. I'm no chemist, but the acid seems to give a reading in the 800 to 900 range.

it's probably coin silver as that falls into that percentage of silver and could make a little older than you whatyou said . great day Randy |:cheering: |:cheering:

396nova
10-22-2011, 10:33 PM
thumbsup01 Great job on the Silver. :wow: Good site, I guess you will take the family out for lunch again. rofl

Jason in Enid
10-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Holy cow that's a nice silver haul! :wow: :omg:

aloldstuff
10-25-2011, 09:45 AM
And the silver count keeps mounting, congrats on another great hunt. Really do like the way you got to hunt,,okay everybody lets go out for lunch. I know this great little restaurant right by a little park a couple towns over....Do I have that right? >8)

JTGOLD
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
more nice silver finds and a neat bracelet find too,wtg.

jkress
10-25-2011, 07:34 PM
That's it... you have now entered the level where silver Roosevelts no longer count towards your silver total. lol :poke:

Another excellent hunt Randy. You have unlocked the secret. :yes:

Congrats.

Ill Digger
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
:huh: Man! Your hands gotta be gettin' sore from holdin' all that silver? :dontknow:.....Here..... I'll hold it for ya :grin: :angelic:
Your on quite the role Randy!!
Keep it up!
Congrats :grin: