PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hunt

MNDigger
10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Today after dropping my son off at pre-school I headed to an old farm I had hit earlier this spring with my DFX. At that time I found several wheat pennies but nothing really old and no silver. Well when I got there I was not very optimistic because the grass was about a foot high! I started swinging in the front yard where I had found the wheats and I got a 12-45 repeatable signal on the Etrac. It was showing a little over half way down on the depth meter so I dug it thinking wheat. Cut my plug and scooped out a good handful of dirt. Checked the hole and it was still there. Scooped out some more dirt and as I lifted it out I saw the glint of silver fall back in the hole. Before I pulled it out I was honestly thinking Merc or Rosie but was suprised to see it was a 1914 Barber. Found a few more clad pennies and odds and ends but that was about it.

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Nice Barber dime! You're really making it hard on me. Everytime I find something, you've got to find one too and usually better. :tongue:

coinnut
10-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice Barber dime. I love that series. Looks much older that a Merc ;) Never get tired of that kind of silver, anykind for that matter :grin:

Krom
10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Nice looking Barb... and place, Steve! thumbsup01 Go back! :grin: 8)

Islandhunter
10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice barber, congrats and as Krom stated...that place is a must to hit again, and again!!!

bmattioli
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Steve nice hunt and bet the Barber suprized you. Congrats on the finds..

Bruce

angellionel
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Sweet dime! I love the close up photos too.

CyberSage
10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Beautiful place to hunt. A Barber just makes it better. Congratulations on a nice one.

Jack

Epi-hunter
10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
You found a barber dime on a quick hunt?? :shocked04:

Beautiful coin!

hoser
10-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Nice going buddy. Keep the pressure on Dale. :tongue: :grin:

MNDigger
10-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Nice going buddy. Keep the pressure on Dale. :tongue: :grin:

Oh I intend too! I need to find one silver this year to reach my goal for the year so I am hoping the weather holds out a little longer.

marchas45
10-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Nice looking Barber Steve thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
10-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Sweet Steve!! Having found my 1st & 2nd Barber and only Barbers, they are my new favorite coin!! :rolleyes: :grin:

MNDigger
10-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Sweet Steve!! Having found my 1st & 2nd Barber and only Barbers, they are my new favorite coin!! :rolleyes: :grin:

I bet they are Ron! They seem pretty rare out your way so I am happy you were able find a few!

del
10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
great looking silver Steve and the pictures are da bomb ;). hey what exactly is the foundation to ( a house , cottage :huh:) yeah i know what its like to compete with someone for bragging rights , its good fun to give'em a poke now and then . :rolleyes: but be ready to be poked back.

Dan

MNDigger
10-30-2009, 07:25 PM
great looking silver Steve and the pictures are da bomb ;). hey what exactly is the foundation to ( a house , cottage :huh:) yeah i know what its like to compete with someone for bragging rights , its good fun to give'em a poke now and then . :rolleyes: but be ready to be poked back.

Dan

Thanks Dan! Yeah it is all in good fun but I do like leading for a change! thumbsup01 The foundation is from a farm house that I believe was from 1898 or so. It is kinda unique for around here that the foundation is made out of small bricks like that. Most were made of sandstone block from the quary in Sandstone, MN. I had a pic of the house when it was standing but not sure where it is now.

OkieDigger
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah it is all in good fun but I do like leading for a change.

Not for long if I can help it! :tongue: