PDA

View Full Version : My 1st ring!! WOW!!

spywiz
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, I went out for a while today. I decided to go back to the old school yard that has produced silver mercs. When I got there I decided to check out a different area for a bit, and then I would get to the known productive area. Well, that didn't work out. I started finding a lot of old trash, so I stayed with it. I found a few Rosey dimes and a few Lincolns. I wandered around to the ball field and was about to leave. I got a good signal about 8-10 ft. behind the home plate area. The etrac was showing 12-40 at 8-10 inches deep. I dug a pretty good sized hole in the sandy dirt of the infield. I checked the tailings and it was still in the hole. I went to all metal and pinpointed. I was a little off. I checked the hole with my Pro-Pointer and got a signal almost at the bottom of the hole but on the left side. I used the Lesche to dig out the side. As I scraped the dirt away, I could see silver. I thought it was a pull tab. I looked closer and saw that it was a ring. A BIG ring!!
I took a couple of pics and pulled it out. I could see that the ring had 925 in the band with a huge stone. My mind was racing. No way!! Upon closer inspection, I could see some pitting in the ring and the huge stone appeared to be cubic zarconia. I took it home and cleaned it up a bit. The stone fell out as I was cleaning it. I used a magnifying glass to check the writing in the band. It does say 925 but the silver seems to be pitted and peeling off a little. The weather was great today at about 73 degrees and lots of sunshine. I had a great time and a little excitement. In my book, another GREAT day with the E-trac.

HH
Bobby

randy
10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Congrats on the ring. I hope its silver.

anotherpulltap
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
lol Great find mate! What a beautiful ring! Talking about right place at the right time.

bob_e99
10-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Nice ring! Someone wearing that could blind you if the light hit it just right. lol

Congrats on a very good hunt.

|:cheering:

Mudder
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Interesting finds, an a great ring. Congrats! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Epi-hunter
10-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow, now that is a rock!!! :omg: Congratulations on the silver! Can you imagine finding a diamond that size?

That is a fantastic first ring :perfect10:

aloldstuff
10-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Congrats on almost getting a heart attack. That is one huge rock, hope the ring is silver.