PDA

View Full Version : dug a walker today

randy
10-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Dug a walker today, and surprisingly, it was an iffy signal. I thought it was gonna be a rosie, but there it was, at 7 inches. I think its the nicest walker I've dug. Also dug a couple of other silvers today, and a handful of silver dimes and a sterling religious pendant yesterday (which has gone missing from the photo, apparently).

HH everyone.

bob_e99
10-24-2011, 06:47 PM
:wow:

Seems you really have a knack for finding silver. Beautiful finds!

|:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

Mudder
10-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Great silver :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: and a very beautiful walking lady :smitten:

anotherpulltap
10-24-2011, 07:07 PM
:white:usaflag::So many silver coins. Master, show me the way!!!

Spike
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
They sure dont make sweet looking coins like them anymore :perfect10: Congrats thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
10-24-2011, 07:11 PM
OOOOOOOOOH NEATO !!!!!!! :perfect10: thumbsup01 :cool:

:groovy:

CODY
10-24-2011, 09:13 PM
WOW. a walking liberty! I keep thinking, one day! Congrats on some great finds.

Ill Digger
10-25-2011, 12:03 AM
:shocked04: Thats not all you dug! lol
Sweet finds Randy!
Congrats :grin:

leslie(nova scotia)
10-25-2011, 03:56 AM
From the land of the Bluenose......great outing and thanks for letting us havea gander at your nice silver. Congrats! <;)

Tony Two-Cent
10-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Congrats on another nice silver day, and especially the Walking Liberty Half!

That one is a beauty! :smitten:

MinelabIowa
10-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Wow big silver! The walker halfs are one of my favorite coins! Nice finds on all your silver from the hunt!

aloldstuff
10-25-2011, 01:02 PM
:clapping:boxing:eauty of a Walker. Randy, have you updated the silver total under your avatar? I am thinking that you should be over 400 by now. |:confused:) |:confused:). Congrats on another great hunt.

tanacat
10-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Walkers are one of the most beautiful coins out there imho :smitten: Congrats! You are doing GREAT lately Randy!!! Are these from your secret honey hole too? :)

randy
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Walkers are one of the most beautiful coins out there imho :smitten: Congrats! You are doing GREAT lately Randy!!! Are these from your secret honey hole too? :)

Yes they are, and yes. tho the honeyhole I think is mostly played out. And no offense to our esteemed dead presidents, but what does modern coinage have to be so ugly? Can't we go back to the beautiful abstract liberty designs that have worked for so many years. I guess if it is going to be on clad, it it would still be ugly.

And yes, my avatar is up to date, FWIW.

JTGOLD
10-25-2011, 03:43 PM
big or little ,silver is always nice to find,wtg Randy.

jkress
10-25-2011, 07:41 PM
:drool: Love the WLH's. :smitten:
Definitely one of my favorites. Yet another very solid hunt Randy. :clapping:
Keep digging those shiny ones. It is fun to click on your posts. thumbsup01

z118
10-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Randy, your silver digs lately are really something amazing! Makes me wonder if there's silver like that in my area or if I just don't know what I'm doing. One way or another, congrats on you fantastic digs!

randy
10-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Makes me wonder if there's silver like that in my area or if I just don't know what I'm doing.

I wonder the same thing. I do the research, have site A and B, both are old, urban sites, and look sweet on paper. Both are huge. Spend hours and hours on site A and it is a complete dud (just one rosie and a couple of wheats), and site B is absolutely loaded. How is that possible? I find it hard to believe they pounded site A, and ignored site B. Both sites are very trashy, so I think that is controlled for (tho site B has much less ferrous trash).

It may be that I'm getting better with the E-Trac, and I should try site A again (tho I hate wasting more time on proven duds). Last time was in the spring. It may be that site A was regraded, but from the old trees and various cultural features, that seems unlikely.

So, in my case, I think what it comes down to is mineralization. We have some extreme, but very variable mineralization. I just think the deep ones are out of reach at site A due to the mineralization. But, now that I'm learning more how to play with the channels and the manual to try to work around the mineralization, perhaps site A can be tried again. So, its just something to think about. Maybe mineralization is keeping the deep ones out of reach for you at some sites.

I'm far from making conclusions about channels and mineralization (or even if there is anything to it at all, but the evidence so far suggests that there is), but I spent a ton of time on my last hunt playing with it, trying to get the right channel and man level for the ever changing ground at my current site. So, I dunno.

But, its also the case that large sections of site B also appear to be duds, so I guess you just never know, but I'm constantly thinking about it.

bob_e99
10-26-2011, 07:39 AM
As mentioned previously, you really have a knack for silver. Your finds have been simply amazing and an inspiration for me to keep swinging that detector.

:perfect10:
|:cheering:

Epi-hunter
10-26-2011, 07:40 AM
That is a beautiful walker Randy!!! :perfect10:

And lots more silver dimes |:cheering:

I would say that Site A is definitely worth another visit. Did you cover the entire area thoroughly?

randy
10-26-2011, 07:50 AM
I would say that Site A is definitely worth another visit. Did you cover the entire area thoroughly?

I spent alot of time there. I just wander and wander until I find some deep ones, then I grid. Didn't really find any sections worth gridding. I will try again, I just don't know when.