PDA

View Full Version : Finds for monday afternoon hunt.

skribnod
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Over the weekend I recieved a call from a buddy of mine asking if I could do favor for him. He had a friend that needed some survey markers found. Always wanting a challenge I headed out after work on saturday and proceeded to locate them. They were easy enough... scan untill machine overloads then dig :twirlingeyes:. After locating his markers we had a conversation about metal detecting and I discovered he owned a rental property in the small town I live in. Tonight with a hour to spare I decided to hit it. I wasn't real hopefull since it appeared to be in the newer part of town but what the heck, hit it anyway. This is what I found in just a small area, hoping to find more as I hit it more this week.

1904 V nickel
1926 Merc dime
1926 Buffalo nickel
1980 clad nickel ( not pictured )
1915 wheat penny
1933 A century of proggress Bracelet ( worlds fair bracelet )
Clay marbel
Various buttons.
Cairns & Bros. Improved belt fastener ------------ Don't know if this is old...any info?

Actually got my first nickel trifecta.

Thanks for looking.

CODY
10-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Cool finds. You never know, till you go!

Tony Two-Cent
10-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Great finds, indeed! I'm usually a coin person, but that 1933 World's Fair bracelet is incredibly cool! Very nice!

Good job on the Nickel Trifecta too! I got my first nickel trifecta too a couple of days ago.

The clay marble is a nice bonus! Congrats on the terrific hunt! :clapping:

milco
10-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Cool finds! Way to sieze the opportunity! The World's Fair item is very cool!

Epi-hunter
10-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Woa, some very nice finds!! I love that bracelet. Very nice hunt!! :perfect10:

aloldstuff
10-26-2011, 08:51 AM
A good deed came back to you. Some great finds there and congrats on the nickle trifecta. Hope you get back there and find some more goodies.