PDA

View Full Version : Hi All from Southern Wisconsin

DennisH
10-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi all from soon to be frozen Wisconsin. I hunt with a Minelab E-Trac, Sunray inline probe and a 12x14 S.E.F. I do most of my hunting at parks but prefer private homes, farm fields with a history of a old fair. I am also just getting into water hunting, very difficult here in Wisconsin with the tough DNR rules. I do enjoy group hunts. I also like road trips, sometimes with a tent or pop up camper to make it a two day hunt. I am mostly a coin shooter, the older the better but am happy with anything old or gold.

Mudder
10-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Welcome from south Mississippi. Got to give you credit, hunting Wisconsin has to be tough. thumbsup01

DennisH
10-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Not so tough :blackeye:, just way to short of a season.

aloldstuff
10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
DennisH welcome from wester MA. We have alot of etrac users on this forum and they do make some great finds. Glad you are here and am looking forward to your posts.

Al

396nova
10-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin-Bristol. Glad you made it to this site. :cheering: Great bunch of people. |:cheering: I am relatively new to this MDing. I hunt the same types of areas as you do. I have waded local inland beaches and Lake Michigan shore. I know you can`t hunt State land without permit, and Federal land is off limits. I don`t want to break any rules. You said: I am also just getting into water hunting, very difficult here in Wisconsin with the tough DNR rules. Is there some DNR rules I should know about? We all know what the the GOOD LORD Giveth, the DNR Taketh AWAY! >:\ They can confiscate your stuff! >:/ Any detecting rules posted would be appreciated. thumbsup01 Raining here now, was going to meet someone today for an afternoon hunt at local ball park, maybe not today. >:\ Good luck hunting tell :frozen:

DennisH
10-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi 396nova, my understanding is that DNR controls all water in Wisconsin and they passed a law afew years ago to stop all metal detecing in the water. I don't know all the particulars, man made vers. natural, special permits for retriving personal lost items. Maybe someone who is good with the computer can look it up and list the rules in a way I can understand.

del
10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
hello DennisH , welcome to the forum ;) .its usually a short season here in Connecticut as well but on occasions we can detect all year round. i hope you get atleast a few more months of swinging time in this year , glad you could join us here.

Dan

OxShoeDrew
10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the forum and I look forward to your :frozen: posts!

randy
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. Also swing the E-Trac.

Tony Two-Cent
10-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist from central Illinois!

jkress
10-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Dennis, glad you made it over here. :clapping:
Because of you and you alone... you have me seriously considering that coil for next year. You have made some incredible finds
with it.
Pull up a chair to the fire and enjoy the forum. Lots of great folks here.
Would love to see you posting some of your keepers here. :drool: :->
Maybe our paths will cross again this year before the ground freezes.

Fire Fighter 43
10-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the site. I'm from WI also I'm located just 20 minutes NE of Milwaukee. What part of WI are you in?

Ill Digger
10-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey Dennis :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois!! :grin:

CODY
10-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi Dennis, another welcome from Mississippi. I do not envy your winter. Our summer is pure H__l! I was in Iraq. And belive me 130 degress and 5% humidity is a lot better than 100 degress and 95% humidity. Looking forward to many post and pic's. HH.

DennisH
10-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the site. I'm from WI also I'm located just 20 minutes NE of Milwaukee. What part of WI are you in?

Hi Fire Fighter 43, I am about 20 miles due south of Madison. Clsoe enough that maybe we could find a old park between us and see what we can find.

Jeff (or)
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Great forum and people here, WELCOME!!! :cool: :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi Dennis, and welcome from another E-Trac user! I actually miss the Midwest weather (originally from eastern Iowa; moved to Lexington, KY about 4 years ago). It does make it hard to MD though. Hope the snow and frozen ground stay away for you until the end of the year at least! :beerbuddy:

Snapolson
11-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome from CT!!

skribnodsister
11-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Hi Dennis, and welcome from another southern wisconsiner. My brother (skribnod) and I are a little futher south from you. This is a wonderful forum-the people are so nice and its easy to do the post and pictures.Happy Hunting! Donna :envious:

bradagan62
11-05-2011, 05:22 AM
:frozen: Hi Dennis, I used to like the cold, now I'm a big chicken(that is why I retired to sw Florida, LOL , welcome to a very friendly group of people. |:cheering: