PDA

View Full Version : Not A Good Good Day But It Could Have Been Worse

fsa46
10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
I checked out four holes today trying to find one worthy of returning the favor for Dan and George.

I didn't really like any of the sites checked out, ( not that anything can't be found there ) and as most holes, if not all, they have been hit hard. :thumbsdown:

As I was doing one site that the siginals were far and few between I get a decent hit, pinpoint and dig my hole. I reach for my ProPointer and it's not in the holster. >:{

Not only did I have my GPS with me , I also had it on, which I seldom do. After I get my reading I usually shut it off. Well, I zoom it in to the max and start to back track, I go about 50 yards and there it is. I'm sure glad I had it painted flo orange or I may have been buying a new one.

396nova
10-25-2011, 08:30 PM
It`s not fun losing something when you`re hunting for things others have lost. At least you found it. I did something like that recently. While detecting one morning I lost a cheap knife that I got free. The next morning I went back to the same site, so I looked for the knife for awhile. I found a better one on the surface. Never found my knife, and I hate losing anything. You don`t want to be without that Pro Pointer. Good luck.

del
10-26-2011, 03:33 PM
hey Frank i'm glad you found it thumbsup01 i have found two pinpointers so far from other detectorists losing them at sites .