PDA

View Full Version : Got out with fastfwd today and learned something new.

cnr_dogs
10-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Went out with fast today for some digging, got about 5 dollars in clad and a 1946 s wheaty. nothing spectacular bus as said in the title I learned something new about my MXT today. We were at a local school soccer field that is run over every weekend by playersand rabid fans that dont know the meaning of no littering so being tired of all the bits of foil, chopped pop cans bottle caps etc. I cranked up the disc to where zincolns were chattery and started swinging. The dimes and qtrs started coming nicely I was moving along and got a double beep dime signal two distinct targets about 2 inches apart showing right on the surface. Used my pinpointer and it buzzed immediately so I probed and there was a smashed popcan just under the thatch layer irritated i took it out and underneath was 2 dimes!!! about 2 s apart I set the can down again and swung the detector over it again double beep dime no can till in pinpoint mode I was amazed to say the least.

Spike
10-25-2011, 07:43 PM
:shocked03: Nice |:confused:) It makes you feel like you have a new detector lol I been using a E-trac for around a 11/2 years and its simple and im still learning it hope your new trick yields you some gold amongst all the :hairpulling: :hairpulling: candy wrappers, drink tops , cans hit with mowers and >:# you get my point rofl rofl

jkress
10-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow... that is very impressive. This new info should prove very helpful on future hunts.
Congrats on the Wheat cent and nice clad haul. :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
10-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Nice finds thumbsup01 It's always great when you learn something that opens up the possibility of more finds thumbsup01
:groovy:

Epi-hunter
10-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Impressive :clapping: Finding ways to get around the trash will yield you many good finds in the future |:cheering: I've never used the MXT but from what I hear, it's a fantastic machine.

aloldstuff
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I also have never used the MXT. Now that you have learned about getting around the trash, hope the silver and gold come your way.