PDA

View Full Version : Cement Driveway Giving Positive VDi?

MartinL
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM
OK, I understand about reinforced concrete and all, but isn't the re-inforcement done with iron rebarr? Why do I get all these positive numbers ranging from 33 to 80 with iron? martin

396nova
10-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Big iron can give good signals. :omg: Big iron fool the detector. >:{ There might be something good under the cement, thumbsup01 but it would be hard to retrieve. >:# Black top doesn`t have the iron, but retrieving the target would also be hard. :confused:

MartinL
10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
If there is something good under there, then the entire circle drive is a cash cow, cuz it sings positive VDIs all way around. It is the reinforcement, because my septic tanks ring good VDI also, and I am pretty sure there are no targets I'd want to have underneath THAT!

I actually got a reply elsewhere about the drive cement, and that there are wire ties in the reinforcing grid, so I understand the signals being different and positive now. Thanks. martin

del
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Martin if it is a regular cement driveway then it does probably have re-enforced iron rebar to give it more integrity , also the actual stone aggregate might contain highly mineralized rock or hotrocks.

coincutter
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
i think that might have been me on another forum
those ties can drive you mad
telling trick is that they are on a grid where each segment overlaps
rebar is tied up off the ground before the pour

i used to build streets when young