PDA

View Full Version : Safe spot today

Cheap Thrills
10-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Today I went to one of my nearby tired out safe places a place where Gangstas can't drive by . Just a peaceful out of the way park where there is a tennis court , a baseball diamond and a lot of grass for dogwalking , picnicking and the folks there are even nice to metal detectorists ( especially when they have seen him with his Mutt there on several occasions . .The first 1 1/2 hrs. I hunted it , I had my dog with me . She sticks close by but every few minutes she insists I throw a stick for her . not the most ideal situation for concentration but I still manage an occasional find and she gets a workout .
My Sun ray Pro Headphones seemed to have developed a short where the plug goes to the detector . The phones seemed to work but when I would kneel down to dig there was a constant buzz . I decided I would drive home drop off the dog and pick up my old Killer Bees .I went back and continued for another 1 1/2 hrs. I guess I hadn't noticed that the old Sunray Pro's besides developing the short had lost a lot of their sharpness .The Bee's had been recently repaired and made new by the factory .What a difference !!The tones where much sharper and I could really hear the warble from the Explorer SE on the high conductors . The silver and two more wheats a few more memorials and another clad dime surfaced to join the other coins I had already found .
It ended up being a good hunt with a 59D and 60D Roosie , three wheats ( 44S,58 and 59 )two clad dimes,9 memorials and of course no hunt with my SE is complete unless I get fooled by deep iron . >:{

Thanks for looking and happy hunting .
:groovy:

Ill Digger
10-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Looks like changing the headphones may have payed off! thumbsup01
Any hunt you bring home silver is a winner in my book! :yes: :clapping:
And hey man. Don't feel bad about the iron. I get fooled even when I know it's going to be a piece of iron! lol 8/
Nice hunt!
Congrats ! :grin:

dave in iowa
10-25-2011, 11:11 PM
great hunt , i get fooled all the time by deep iron, and nails , they sound so good

CODY
10-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Great finds, congrats.

DennisH
10-26-2011, 05:36 AM
A two silver hunt with a couple of wheats is a winner any time in my book!!! Congrats.

To bad things have gotten to safe parks. If everyone knows a park is not safe then it should be fixed but what ever means it takes!!!!

Epi-hunter
10-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Congratulations on the silvers and wheats!! :peace: Sounds like a peaceful park. It's true that too many of them are just not safe if you are wearing headphones.

Speaking of which, I think you need to keep using those old Killer Bee's! |:cheering:

I wish I could say that I don't still dig up nails like that 8/ They do sound good :yes:

aloldstuff
10-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Nice silver and wheats, every detector fools every detectorist with the dreaded deep iron. glad you were able to avoid the gangsta's. Congrats on your finds

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks to all that looked and especially those who took the time to post their kind words . |:cheering: :cool:

:groovy:

Tony Two-Cent
10-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey, at least you found one silver coin for each piece of deep iron! lol

I would take that every time! thumbsup01

Congrats on the safe, peaceful hunt and the nice finds! :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
10-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Great hunt, it's nice to have a comfortable spot to always turn to.