PDA

View Full Version : More clad

bob_e99
10-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Tuesday I decided to try a couple of new sites. The first was an old, large and very well kept common. The town holds a lot of events on this common so judging from what I found in 3.5 hours, I would guess that this place is very well hunted. Very little trash targets and nice hunting conditions.

One thing to note about this hunt was that I finally detected without questioning the signal, my first nickel (my son is always joking about my lack of nickels). Interestingly enough, just like his buffalo/mercury find, after I pulled the nickel and scanned the plug, I detected a quarter (unfortunately not silver like his dime). Apparently, it seems that nickels do shield other signals under certain conditions. Perhaps more experience detectors have more knowledge on that.

(5 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel and 16 pennies)

[attachimg=1]

The second place I detected was a smaller park and apparently it had not been detected in some time. In 3.5 hours (same time as my morning hunt) I found way more targets. Unfortunately, no silver.

(30 quarters, 19 dimes, 2 nickels and 17 pennies)

[attachimg=2]

Also found a Boston dog tag, a lock wheel and a scout neckerchief slide.

[attachimg=3]

Thanks for looking.

z118
10-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Those are some good clad numbers. I'd hit that little park again if I was you!

Epi-hunter
10-26-2011, 07:44 AM
I agree. I will bet you will eventually find some silver in one of those two old areas. That is a lot of quarters for one hunt :shocked01: That park has some good potential and it sounds like it hasn't been hunted in quite awhile. |:cheering:

bob_e99
10-26-2011, 08:52 AM
I agree. I will bet you will eventually find some silver in one of those two old areas. That is a lot of quarters for one hunt :shocked01: That park has some good potential and it sounds like it hasn't been hunted in quite awhile. |:cheering:

Thank you for commenting. I was amused by the fact that I was finding more quarters than pennies (for a change - no pun intended).

aloldstuff
10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Nice clad haul, seems like two nice spots to hunt. Theres gotta be some silver somewhere there and I hope you get it.