PDA

View Full Version : KILLER B'S HEADPHONES

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi,
just wanted to share my experience with a company that finally made good on their product.
3 times my killer B's headphones crapped out on me.not only do you have to pay to ship them but must include a money order for them to ship them back. it costs $7.50 to ship one way and $7.50 back
I wrote a somewhat disgusted e-mail to the company today and this is the reply i received back a short while ago.

so, it does pay to voice your opinion when you are having product problems.
MY E-MAIL TO THEM BELOW

today on a hunt my killer b's crapped out!
i have sent them in like 3 times already with a short in the cord.same thing happened today.
nothing like being 2 miles into the woods and having your headphones die out.
if i send these in a 4th time the price i paid for shipping so far exceeds the original cost of the headphones.
not to mention how cheaply the cradles are made.already went through 3 of those
I really feel like calling the better buisness bureau on you.
my next pair of headphones will be the gray ghosts not another pair from your company.

i belong to several detector forums and plan on putting the word out on the quality or lack of quality of your product.
my 20 dollar cheapo radio shack headphones are still running strong after 10 years.never a problem.
thoroughly disgusted
dave

KILLER B'S RESPONSE BACK TO ME

Dave,
I apologize for all the problems you have had. If you will send your headphones in I will refund the inbound shipping and pay the return shipping. I will also include a new pair of headphones no charge so that if this ever happens again you won't be without a set. I want to make things right so if this is not satisfactory let me know what I need to do.
John Smith

was i wrong for sending too harsh an e-mail? would any of you members have written something silimilar? any thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.
thanks!
dave

del
02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
hey Dave i deffinately can understand your frustration and i was present with you on a hunt when those things crapped out on ya a time before. its unfortunate to have to send an e-mail or letter like that to a company about their product but sometimes your at your wits end about something like this and you feel like its your only recourse of action to let them know about the way you feel . i had a similar incident happen with a brand new expensive crock pot i bought and not a month later the lid handle cracked and broke from the heat , and i wrote them an e-mail and just requested the part to be replaced . they informed me that this particular model was no longer in production and that i could purchase one of the other models .well this thing was still under warranty and after a little run around back an forth , long story short is that after a direct and very blunt e-mail about demanding my money back and what kind of company i thought they were being and told them what they could do with their crock pot :shocked04: :shocked04: then they sent me a brand new one , at no charge.

atleast they made the offer to make it up with you or make good to try to make it right , only you can say was it worth all the aggrevation Dave , i hope they don't give ya any more problems . now that their fixed and you got new ones for back ups , your not going to have any excuses for getting skunked or not finding anything my friend . :poke: :poke:

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
hey Dave i deffinately can understand your frustration and i was present with you on a hunt when those things crapped out on ya a time before. its unfortunate to have to send an e-mail or letter like that to a company about their product but sometimes your at your wits end about something like this and you feel like its your only recourse of action to let them know about the way you feel . i had a similar incident happen with a brand new expensive crock pot i bought and not a month later the lid handle cracked and broke from the heat , and i wrote them an e-mail and just requested the part to be replaced . they informed me that this particular model was no longer in production and that i could purchase one of the other models .well this thing was still under warranty and after a little run around back an forth , long story short is that after a direct and very blunt e-mail about demanding my money back and what kind of company i thought they were being and told them what they could do with their crock pot :shocked04: :shocked04: then they sent me a brand new one , at no charge.

atleast they made the offer to make it up with you or make good to try to make it right , only you can say was it worth all the aggrevation Dave , i hope they don't give ya any more problems . now that their fixed and you got new ones for back ups , your not going to have any excuses for getting skunked or not finding anything my friend . :poke: :poke:

Dan

thanks Dan and glad you got a new crock pot.yup no more excuses now for me :rolleyes: now i gotta blow the dust off the DFX and work with it thumbsup01

coinnut
02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I think the letter was point blank. These headphones should outlast us in the woods, not the other way around. I think Toyota is getting a big lesson on why you don't put cheap parts in. I think the press was calling it a Tylenol moment lol. I also had a cheap set of headphones that were about 10 years old with the thinnest wire you can imagine. They lasted 2 solid years before they broke and were a cheapy set. The bottom line for any comany is: Why should I spend my money on your product when I can get better quality and durability from a cheap set:huh: Customer service is at a premium now. Don't waist my time in making me send something back. I will be a very loyal customer if I'm not angry at you all the time lol :bop: Companies deserve that letter and need to turn around their thinking if they want to maintain a loyal customer base and stay in business . Make a little less money on your product, but get a loyal following :yes: Frankly, I'm surprised that the Killer B's didn't hold up. I always thought of them as a top of the line product. Now I'm really glad I bought a set of Gray Ghost Deep Woods headphones lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I think the letter was point blank. These headphones should outlast us in the woods, not the other way around. I think Toyota is getting a big lesson on why you don't put cheap parts in. I think the press was calling it a Tylenol moment lol. I also had a cheap set of headphones that were about 10 years old with the thinnest wire you can imagine. They lasted 2 solid years before they broke and were a cheapy set. The bottom line for any comany is: Why should I spend my money on your product when I can get better quality and durability from a cheap set:huh: Customer service is at a premium now. Don't waist my time in making me send something back. I will be a very loyal customer if I'm not angry at you all the time lol :bop: Companies deserve that letter and need to turn around their thinking if they want to maintain a loyal customer base and stay in business . Make a little less money on your product, but get a loyal following :yes: Frankly, I'm surprised that the Killer B's didn't hold up. I always thought of them as a top of the line product. Now I'm really glad I bought a set of Gray Ghost Deep Woods headphones lol

Thanks G!
i like them..they are very comfortable and great sound quality.just a few flaws they should adress and glad they responded the way they did.
now i'll have 2 pairs of killer B's.
shipped em out today and we'll see what transpires. thumbsup01
thanks for your input both you and dan! ;)

Lowjiber
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Here's my Killer B story...
I wear KB II's (Ultima) and love 'em.

I closed the truck door on the cord, completely smashing the wires inside.

I called John Smith and described my problem. He said to send them to him (no mention of shipping). I sent them Next Day FedEx on Tuesday. On the following Saturday, the FedEx truck delivered the headset with a new cord attached and a hand written note from John Smith telling me to be careful.

I won't buy any other brand now. John Smith just bought the company (about a year ago). He had been the main worker there for years and is a great guy.

SpringTxDigger
02-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Good letter. I've been using Killer B's for a couple of years. I liked them so much that I started selling them. I've never had a problem and I've caught the cord on many a branch. I think your letter was dead on. I would have been very frustrated if I had that many problems. There's nothing worse than getting out for a hunt and having an equipment failure. I'm glad he took care of you. And yes Customer Service is getting harder to find these days it seems.

sectshun8
02-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Dave your letter was well backed by your field experience with their product, as well as your frustration. I too have no qualms with letting a copmany of whom I purchase products from know how I feel about them and their products, be it positive or negative. Funny thing about that... in both cases you usually end up with free stuff thumbsup01