PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with 396nova & John

milco
10-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Managed to meet up with 396nova (Bob) and John yesterday at a county park. I was only able to stay for about 1 1/2 hours but it was good to get out and meet a couple fellow MDers.

It was a tough hunt at a trashy and well hit park which is about 160 acres and has seen CCC barracks, ball fields, sledding hills and disc golf course over the years.

Hope to get back there again in the future and meet up again! My take was a quarter, some zincolns and one wheat cent.

Epi-hunter
10-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Wow, that is an impressive amount of digging for 1.5 hours. :shocked04: That park looks like a fantastic opportunity. I hope you can get back there again for a bit longer next time. The photos are beautiful. |:cheering:

silver star
10-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Congrats on the wheat and clad. Thats good take for only 1.5 hours there. Park look very promising but bad thing with those big parks they are going to be very trashy. If I was you I would try that wooded area behind that old baseball field on right and down side of the map. Good luck if you go back and stay safe. HH Mike

CODY
10-27-2011, 06:40 AM
I can smell the silver from here. You just gotta find it. Good luck and HH.

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Awesome photos . It looks like a very promising place . Best of luck , |:cheering:

:groovy:

DennisH
10-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Love the looks of that park. I bet silver will be there next time.

aloldstuff
10-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah that park is screaming SILVER...congrats on the clad and the wheat.

Ill Digger
10-27-2011, 02:14 PM
If I was you I would try that wooded area behind that old baseball field on right and down side of the map.
lol.... :yes:.... ;) Yep! Thats what I'm thinking thumbsup01
And now the trees are much farther north. :yes:
If the folks wanted any shade back in the day.... they had to be farther south of the diamond! ;)
Good luck on your return trip
Congrats on the wheat! :grin:

396nova
10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks, Darren for asking us to go with. You did some great research on the park, and I think it will pay off in the future. I had, just as much trash, 1-quarter, 3-dimes, 1-nickel, and 3-pennies (clad). I won. rofl You did have the Wheat, so we`ll call it a draw. :beerbuddy: Thanks again.

Fire Fighter 43
10-27-2011, 09:47 PM
A hunt with friends is always a good time. PM me and maybe I can join my fellow Wisconsinites one of these days.

jkress
10-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Great comparison pictures. Love to see the before and after shots. :yes:
Those short hunts are tough to zero in on the keepers. You'll definitely have
to get back there for some more time. :->