PDA

View Full Version : 15 second hunt

DennisH
10-27-2011, 09:42 AM
That's right, a 15 SECOND hunt. I drove to a near by town to hunt a old park, a well hunted out park, for a planned two hour or so hunt. The plan was hunt till I was hungry and then stop at Pizza Hut to get supper go home and eat.

So I get to the park, put my gear on and double step to about where I left off on my last hunt and get a nice nickel hit in the first swings of the E-trac. As you all know those nice nickel hits are almost always just beaver tails but because I have found 1 V nickel and 6 Buffs (2 in one hole for the first time) in this park it was a no brainer I have to dig it. Before I can identify the nickel and put the plug back my battery goes dead. I had no spare battery with me because I just put the freshly charged stick in the day before and put my spare on the charger.

I was sure one of my rechargable battiers was toast!! Luckly I am just a fool because I must of mixed up the two and put the fully charged battery back on the charger. :blush: oh well, better then a toasted battery. Good news is the Nickel is a 1911 Liberty. Number two from this park I just starting hunting this fall.

DennisH
10-27-2011, 09:44 AM
And the back of the nickel.

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Gotta love those old nickels !! :cool: |:cheering:

:groovy:

aloldstuff
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Digging V's is always cool. Hope you can get some more from that park. Congrats

CODY
10-27-2011, 02:55 PM
:wow: Can't beat that for 15 sec's. Congrats.

Epi-hunter
10-27-2011, 07:47 PM
That has to be the most productive fifteen second hunt I've ever seen |:cheering: Congratulations on the old nickel!

Tony Two-Cent
10-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Well let's see, one keeper every 15 seconds, that equates to 240 keepers per hour.

Now we know what to expect when you return to that park with a fully charged battery. lol

Seriously, congrats on the V Nickel! That's the best 15 second hunt I've ever heard of!