PDA

View Full Version : My first Excalibur II GOLD!!

Fire Fighter 43
10-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I finally found my first gold item with the Excalibur II. After 35 years of land hunting I could not resist the temptation to hunt the water. The price of gold also had a little bit to do with it. I had my first water hunt in the beginning of Sept. and have put about 20 hours in the water since then. I've recovered a few pieces of silver jewelry and my share of clad and junk. Water hunting is a lot of work, but the good chance of finding gold keeps you going. Well I did it, my first gold. I returned to my friends restaurant that is on a lake. It's the one where I found the gold ring that his friend had lost under the deck. The restaurant used to be an icecream parlor with a small beach. I figured it had to have some goodies in the water. When I entered the water and walked in about 6 feet I started to sink in the muck and I thought this isn't going to be good. The shore line wasn't as bad so I stayed within two swings of the shore and worked it slowly. I found two junk kids rings and silver dime then I got a nice solid hit. When I pulled the scoop up I was thinking another pull tab but there it was a shiny Gold ring. I just stared at it in disbelieve and then I thought take it out and check for a mark. It was marked 14K and I'm not sure of the weight because I don't have a scale. I also found another silver dime, a wheat and two religious medals. When I posted the story about finding a gold ring and returning it to the owner a few people said that they believed in Karma and that I would be paid back for my good deed. Im also now a believer in Karma. Thanks for looking.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/firegolf43/c701b61b.jpghttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/firegolf43/fd4e4853.jpg

Epi-hunter
10-27-2011, 08:48 PM
That is FANTASTIC!!! :perfect10: :perfect10:

Great story and great finds!! I too really want to get into the water. Very inspiring, thank you for posting! |:cheering:

jkress
10-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Score!! <:
The gold ring is a beauty. :smitten: :drool:

Tony Two-Cent
10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
SWEEEET! :loveit:

Beautiful gold ring! Congrats on the great day! |:confused:)

Ill Digger
10-27-2011, 09:09 PM
.... but there it was a shiny Gold ring. I just stared at it in disbelieve and then I thought take it out and check for a mark. It was marked 14K ....
lol rofl That sounds like something I would do! :yes: lol
Kinda like the deer in the headlight look :shocked01:... :shocked04:.... <:..... happydance02 lol
Great find!!
Congrats :grin:

CODY
10-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Nice finds, congrats on the gold.

396nova
11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Very nice gold. :perfect10: Here in Wisconsin it won`t be long before we can walk on water. :frozen:

Shipwreck
11-05-2011, 07:52 AM
hey good hunting thumbsup01 Wtg

firstring
11-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Congratulations on your great recoveries. The glint of gold sure makes your feet go quick, as in happy dance. Many more happy dances for you in the quest for gold.

Jason in Enid
11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Congrats on the gold!

I've always thought of water hunting as much easier than turf hunting. :thinkingabout: Either way, it looks like you have a great spot to hunt!

skrapman
02-14-2012, 07:09 PM
nice ring, someone was very un-happy when they lost that. I enjoy reading the stories that go along with a hunt. Thanks :clapping:

aloldstuff
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
WTG on getting the gold. I have been toying with trying this water hunting thing and reading posts like this, it's getting harder not to. Congrats on some nice hunting.

Fire Fighter 43
02-15-2012, 04:35 PM
WTG on getting the gold. I have been toying with trying this water hunting thing and reading posts like this, it's getting harder not to. Congrats on some nice hunting.

I toyed with the idea for a while and then decided to just jump in so to speak, LOL? It is a little more work than land hunting but just as addicting. When I saw that gold in my scoop it was very exciting.

POKIE73
02-15-2012, 07:26 PM
it looks like it would be exiting to find all the gold and silver you see a lot of the guys find but i am nervous about dropping the detector in the water i am hoping to get a water detector someday great find on the ring the silver are also good finds congrats dennis

Chicago Ron
03-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Seet ring FF! WTG! More to come for sure1 :peace:

MassDirtFisher
03-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Congrats on scoring some gold. Happy Hunting!!

elkameno59
06-09-2012, 06:58 PM
nice gold find- Just wondering and this maybe a subject for another forum post- Does anybody sell their Gold and silver ( not coins ) and reinvest the money to do more MDing. I have sold most of my finds to a coin shop over the years and think I have made the right choice doing that- Next week when I go hunting again I'll have to think about it hopefully!!

Fire Fighter 43
06-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I keep everything but the clad and gold. If the gold is something my wife wants then I would let her keep it. Yes, I put it back into my detecting Equipement fund.

Relic Whisperer
06-10-2012, 09:03 AM
sweet!!

islandchips
06-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Aloha the first one is the hardest and I see more gold for you in the future.
HH, islandchips