PDA

View Full Version : Hunting the woods with Silver Star

Ill Digger
10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Mike invited Theola and I out to hunt a set of woods Tuesday. ( I'm a little late lol ) This place was suppose to have some long history of big events from the mid 1800's. My first good find was a 1899 Barber dime! :shocked04: :happydance01: A while later I got a weird zinc /screw cap reading. But deep :confused: :dontknow: So I dig down and pulled out a 1864 IH :shocked04: The PP was still screaming down in the hole! :drool: I pried out the side of the hole and seen silver! :shocked04: It was a 1892 Barber dime! :shocked04: |:confused:) The PP was STILL screaming!!In a area about 24 inches by 12 inches big I ended up with 5 IH's: 1864, 1888, 1890, 1890,1891, plus the dime!! :omg: <: I also found a 1895 Barber dime before leaving! :happydance01: Unreal!! 3 Barbers in one day! Not to mention the IH's! |:confused:) I'm just on cloud nine :daydream:
I also found a cool token I'm having a hard time figuring out. :confused: I know It's a Masons coin of some sort . But for what? :dontknow:
Here's some pictures :grin:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1056.jpg

The other sides...
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1057.jpg

It looks like someone was trying to modify the 1892 Barber to say &quot:daydream:NE DIE :dontknow: Why? I couldn't tell ya. lol :rolleyes:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1058.jpg

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone! :groovy:

aloldstuff
10-27-2011, 01:52 PM
3 Barbers, 5 IH's and a cool token....I'm drooling. :perfect10: Great hunting

randy
10-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Three barbers in one day, awesome <: :happydance01: happydance02 Oh, and five IHs in one hole |:cheering: Amazing hunt, big congrats :cheering:

fsa46
10-27-2011, 05:38 PM
AWESOME ! :cheering:

milco
10-27-2011, 06:10 PM
:perfect10: Amazing hunt Tim!! Big congrats, there is some real good stuff coming out of that spot!

Check out this link for thee token:

http://www.ram-il.org/ChapterPennies.htm

silver star
10-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I am very happy for you Timmy thumbsup01. Big congrats on the silver, IH's and rest of finds. That token is very neat find. HH Mike

jkress
10-27-2011, 06:33 PM
:perfect10:
Man what a hunt you guys had. :peace: Sounds like that place holds plenty of jaw droppers.
Three Barbers and a handful of IH's is fantastic. No silverless drive home of shame for you. lol
Hopefully Ted hooked up with a few keepers too. :yes:
I'm happy for you friend. This hunt makes up for some of the hunting time you lost this summer. :beerbuddy:

coinhunter
10-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Great hunt :omg:

skribnod
10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
That happy dance must have lasted a good five minutes I bet! Great digging, keep up the good work and hope to see more of your great finds before the ground gets solid.

Epi-hunter
10-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Wow, excellent hunt (again) Tim!! :perfect10: You are on a roll! Fantastic finds!! |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
It definitely looks like you guys have found a sweet spot! Congrats on the amazing hunt, Tim! WOW! Three Barber dimes and five Indian Heads in one hunt! INCREDIBLE!

|:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

Fire Fighter 43
10-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow that is znice bunch of Indians and the Barbers are pretty cool too. Now go find some clad so I can catch up to your silver total.

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Awesome hunt !!!! Great pictures too !!! With all those Barbers and Indians around you're lucky your not bald or scalped !!! lol :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

:groovy:

Ill Digger
10-27-2011, 11:12 PM
3 Barbers, 5 IH's and a cool token....I'm drooling. :perfect10: Great hunting
lol Your drooling....I'm still hyperventilating! :shocked01: lol

Three barbers in one day, awesome <: :happydance01: happydance02 Oh, and five IHs in one hole |:cheering: Amazing hunt, big congrats :cheering:
I know! I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure it all wasn't a dream :dontknow: But I bruise easy lol

AWESOME ! :cheering:
Thanks! thumbsup01

Check out this link for thee token:
:shocked04: Thanks Darren!
I couldn't find a matching picture anywhere on the net.
I was even on that site! But I never seen that list! Thanks man!

I am very happy for you Timmy thumbsup01. Big congrats on the silver, IH's and rest of finds. That token is very neat find. HH Mike
It's all thanks to you! |:confused:) Thanks again for the reminder! |:confused:) It's always a good time hooking up with you.

This hunt makes up for some of the hunting time you lost this summer. :beerbuddy:
You got that right! :yes: This is what I was dreaming about when I was living at work :daydream:
Ted had a day saving Buff at the last minute.

Great hunt :omg:
Thanks! It'll be a hard one to forget thats for sure! lol

That happy dance must have lasted a good five minutes I bet!
5 minutes? No way \:hammer: It was short and sweet! :yes: lol
I had to get back to swingin'! :twirlingeyes: :drool: lol

Wow, excellent hunt (again) Tim!! :perfect10: You are on a roll! Fantastic finds!! |:cheering:
Thanks Angie! |:confused:) It's been a exciting last couple of hunts! :yes:

Congrats on the amazing hunt, Tim! WOW! Three Babrber dimes and five Indian Heads in one hunt! INCREDIBLE!
Thanks Tony! I was good time to say the VERY least! :rolleyes: lol :happydance01:

Now go find some clad so I can catch up to your silver total.
:eyebrow:... \:hammer:...I know what your trying to do :yes:
My silver total is never safe when your not golfing lol

With all those Barbers and Indians around you're lucky your not bald or scalped !!! lol :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

:groovy:
<} <} <} rofl Yeah! lol
But I tell ya what! They can bring on the razor for a hunt like that! lol thumbsup01 :groovy:

Thanks for all great comments everyone! |:confused:)
Good luck & HH to you all thumbsup01

DennisH
10-28-2011, 05:22 AM
What a great bunch of histroy!! WtG!!!! Is there a L on the 1964 indian?

CyberSage
10-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Nice bunch of finds Tim! Here is a link to some history on Illinois Masonic Pennies...

Your token is toward the bottom. They are displayed in numeric sequence by chapter No. Very cool find.

Ill Digger
10-28-2011, 08:41 AM
What a great bunch of histroy!! WtG!!!! Is there a L on the 1964 indian?
Thanks Dennis!! :grin:
I was waiting for someone to ask about that :thinkingabout: lol
Unfortunately out of all the IHs I found that day thats the one in the worst shape :rolleyes: 8/
It looks like it's been smashed and bent a little. :rolleyes: So a lot of the details are wiped out. :(
So to answer your question ....Yep :yes: We just can't see it ! ;) lol

Nice bunch of finds Tim! Here is a link to some history on Illinois Masonic Pennies...

Thanks Jack thumbsup01 So I guess each new member gets one of these coins :dontknow: Who woulda knew lol

MinelabIowa
10-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Nice job on the Barbers and Indians. The token is cool also.

Ill Digger
10-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Nice job on the Barbers....
Thanks Joe!
It's not quite a 3 center but......I'll happily take it! lol :yes: |:confused:)