PDA

View Full Version : New to this site, long time detectorist

Ytcoinshooter
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
I am also from Bristol, CT as I see another recently registered user is. Prior to that I lived in Farmington, CT. Side note, Farmington has a street named Pine tree schilling, I just love that. I began avidly detecting in 1986 and have been a member of the largest detecting club in CT since 1987, having served as a club officer a few times - pres, recording secretary & vice pres. The last 3 or 4 years saw a decline in my land hunting but I still did some water hunting. I have a renewed enthusiasm for hitting the turf again having acquired a new V3i. The user forums will be helpful in exchanging knowledge of the V3i. Previous detectors: 6000 Di Pro & Pro plus, Eagle II SL 90.5, DFX, 128:blackeye:, CZ7a, Sov Elite, and experience on all the early eagles. Currently I have the V3i, XLT, Classic ID, Coinmaster Pro, CZ20 and PI Pro. A couple of Sunray probes - one each for the V & XLT, vibraprobe, Garrett Propointer (new) and another oldie that still works.
I'm just learning the V having received it 10/18 and the first and only time out with it was enjoyable. Netted a draped bust 1/2 cent, IH cent. Silver spoon bowl, Chrysler brass key fob w/serial # and a few other keepers.
I have been lurking various forums where I could read the posts from V users. My screen name may be familiar to some, especially if you were on treasurenet or findmall a about ten years ago. I'm back making the rounds and becoming a student of the capabilities the V series offers. I do most of my web browsing with an iPhone and don't spend much time in front of a desktop due to I.T. overload...started in mainframes in the 1970's, currently an I.T. Technical Analyst. Well this is more than you probably wanted to know about me ;) last, I've also collected US type coins since grade school and also love riding motorcycles the last 30+ years. Hope to learn some things here and enjoy the great finds that post up.
HH

randy
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. Jack (Cybersage), is V3i wizard. Ask about the Book of Jack, but finding draped bust copper means you're already well along in learning your machine.

del
10-27-2011, 04:04 PM
hello Bruce , welcome to the forum . how have you been ?? i'm glad you could join us here , hey did you get to go to the Wethersfield hunt last saturday ?? did you hear how it went ??

Dan

Ytcoinshooter
10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Randy, I started reading the posts from Jack and others across the net a month before I got the V. Dowloading the manual back then gave me a leg up too. These guys who are sharing thier knowledge on the net are real good. Whites forum, Findmall & Treasurenet....of course this site too.
Dan, some nice finds were made in Wethersfield Saturday. Funny, it was the first time I actually Swung the V., having received it 10/18. I'm going to make the Nov meeting and there will be some nice finds there by others who were there Saturday. Next is the Nov 5 hunt, I'm going up with Chuck...that sounds funny upchuck...? Can't wait.

Epi-hunter
10-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum; it's great to have you! Sounds like you really know your stuff. Will look forward to your posts thumbsup01

396nova
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin. thumbsup01 I`m new to this detecting game, and you have quite a resume. :perfect10: I am looking forward to your future posts. :)

Ill Digger
10-28-2011, 12:40 AM
I`m new to this detecting game, and you have quite a resume. :perfect10: I am looking forward to your future posts. :)
Me too! :->
It's great to have another long time detectorist aboard the forum!
Welcome from the corn fields of Illinois! :groovy:

tanacat
10-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky! What a great intro thumbsup01 I also use a V3i. Looking forward to seeing some of your finds and pics of your motorcycles :)

OxShoeDrew
10-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Welcome from a fellow nutmegger |:cheering:
I hope you got out this morning as tomorrow won't be fun :frozen:
Look forward to your posts :groovy:

aloldstuff
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Welcome from western MA. Glad to have another V3i user on board. I got mine back in March, have done a little tweaking with it but I still have a long way to go to mastering this unit. Looking forward to your posts.

Snapolson
11-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Welcome! I'm also in CT down by New Haven. Jeez, there are a bunch of us on here from CT. We should all plan a hunt smack center of the state sometime! lol

CODY
11-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome from down south in Mississippi. Glad to see you back swinging. Looking forward to some great pic's of some great finds.

JTGOLD
11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
welcome to the forum from central Illinois.

jkress
11-02-2011, 10:31 PM
It's great to have you here with us Ytcoinshooter. :clapping:
Sounds like you have quite a bit of MDing experience we could all benefit from.
We have some very successful and knowledgeable V3 users here. Feel free
to ask questions as they are very willing to interact. :yes:
Pine tree schilling ... love that too. :yes:
I'm definitely looking forward to your posts. I wouldn't even mind seeing your draped bust 1/2 cent. :daydream: :-> :drool:
It's tough to find those beauties here in Iowa.

bradagan62
11-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Welcome Yt, I am new here to and to the hobby. This here is a friendly bunch of people and hoping to learn a lot here and share my own experiences as I progress. Happy hunting |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
11-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist from central Illinois! It sounds like you know your stuff. We welcome you to share your knowledge and experience here!

Glad to have you and keep us updated on your finds!

Jeff (or)
11-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey Bruce, Welcome! :cool: :beerbuddy: