PDA

View Full Version : silver this week

randy
10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Manged to get out twice since Mon; on Wed went to a recent site that has been quite generous this month, and pulled a couple of rosies over 6 hours -- definitely appeared to be thinning out, but given its huge size, there is certainly more silver there for the patient.

Today decided to try a new park in the same town that I discovered on the way one day when a road was closed; this is a small, old park, with houses dating to the 1800s bordering it, and it shows up as a park on the 30's aerial photos :happydance01: I had high hopes about this site, especially given the apparent lack of talent in this town as evidenced by the other park, but small sites often disappoint (so easy to grid), and I managed to pull only 6 wheaties over a 3 hour hunt, and nothing shiny. I still think the site has awesome potential (6 deep wheaties is actually a good sign), and I will hit it again, but I needed a change of scenery, and headed to the honeyhole, hoping to pull at least a rosie in the final 3 hours and avoid the drive of shame, as well as keep quite a long silver streak alive.

This time the site gave it up in spades, as I managed to put up a 6 spot, including 3 silvers in the first half hour happydance02 . Its weird how bursty this site is, they definitely come in bunches. Also pulled a stray buff, my first from the site. I haven't been digging that many low tones (in fact, only about 25 nickels over about 1200 coins), but this was a deep, isolated one that worked out. I love digging buff nickels, even tho they are only worth 5 cents.

Thanks for looking and HH.

milco
10-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Great hunting once again Randy! Very well done! :clapping:

Ill Digger
10-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Simply amazing Randy! 8/ |:confused:)
I just want you to be careful out there! :yes: :angelic:
I'd really hate to see you get silver poisoning from this landslide of silver your riding out :twirlingeyes: :stretcher: lol
Awesome again!
Congrats :grin:

jkress
10-29-2011, 12:42 AM
:clapping: I love seeing your posts Randy. They encourage me to keep at it. :yes:
Congrats on the beautiful silver. :smitten:

Cheap Thrills
10-29-2011, 08:55 AM
I would love a day (even a week ) like that !! :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

:groovy:

bob_e99
10-29-2011, 01:45 PM
You are for sure a silver magnet. :envious:

Congrats on yet another very successful hunt.

:perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
10-29-2011, 01:49 PM
This is an incredible silver streak you are on, Randy! I hope you are enjoying every minute of it, I know I would be!

Your hard work is really paying off! Congrats! :clapping:

MinelabIowa
10-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Nice silver pile there Randy!

aloldstuff
11-03-2011, 10:05 AM
And the silver count continues to grow. Nice hunting there Randy.