PDA

View Full Version : MY PRIZED OX KNOBS!

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
rofl well here are my knobs.
the very old 2 piece still has the tip of the horn inside :shocked04:
i thought at first when i found it was a :usaflag: pole piece of wood still inside.then the thing opened up at some point in my display case and :shocked04:
i seen the pointy tip and said ugggh this is bone rofl
i never seen a 2 piece ox knob like this yet.have any of you?

angellionel
02-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Hey, that has to be a unique find! :yes: I can just see your expression when realization set in. lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey, that has to be a unique find! :yes: I can just see your expression when realization set in. lol

yeah :shocked04:stretcher: :huh: kinda is unique.wonder if that hurt the ox getting it snapped off like that? i know its dead cells but still :shocked04:

RickO
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Those are very interesting... have never found an oxknob... need to detect fields I guess. RickO

MassDirtFisher
02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Is that what those things are?? rofl rofl rofl good to know. Thanks for the info and Happy Hunting!!

del
02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
rofl well here are my knobs.
i thought at first when i found it was a :usaflag: pole piece of wood still inside.then the thing opened up at some point in my display case and :shocked04:
i seen the pointy tip and said ugggh this is bone rofl
i never seen a 2 piece ox knob like this yet.have any of you?

i don't think that was a two piece oxknob Dave , i'm pretty sure water seeped in and over the years kept on refreezing and eventually splitting the thing in the two halves. almost all of mine are threaded in the inside but i do have a few that aren't . i think i'm up to 20 now , hey whats the price of brass going nowdays anyway. lol lol

MassDirtFisher
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Thats alot of knobs!!! If you only had an ox or oxen to decorate. thumbsup01

John M
02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
I have quite a few of them myself.I don't mind digging them,it shows activity at the site.

tanacat
02-23-2010, 08:46 AM

That's too wild!... but yeah hope it didn't hurt the poor guy when it broke

SeabeeRon
02-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I think Ox Knobs are cool, probably cuz I don't see them out here! :tongue: Kinda like the pull tab/bottle cap finds from the beach! :beatdown:

del
02-23-2010, 02:08 PM
That's too wild!... but yeah hope it didn't hurt the poor guy when it broke

aaawwww your so sweet to worry crying01 , i know Dave was very bummed about it when it split apart but i'm sure he wasn't hurt over it .. right big guy lol rofl rofl :poke:

keep it up Ron i'll send ya one and ask the wife to burry it in front of you somewhere . you'll be thinking silver quarter only to be disappointed by the dreaded oxknob. :bangahead01: :bangahead01: lol :tongue:

tanacat
02-23-2010, 02:10 PM
I thinl Ox Knobs arte cool, probably cuz I don't see them out here! :tongue: Kinda like the pull tab/bottle cap finds from the beach! :beatdown:

lol lol lol I like that comparison! I'm thinking there weren't oxen around here in Ky way back when? :confused: I'll have to research that... definately lots of horses, cattle, bison and whitetail deer :grin:

keep it up Ron i'll send ya one and ask the wife to burry it in front of you somewhere . you'll be thinking silver quarter only to be disappointed by the dreaded oxknob. :bangahead01: :bangahead01: lol :tongue:

You guys are a hoot! So glad I found this forum...

fir469
02-24-2010, 10:47 AM
So that's what those are!! I have quite a few myself and they always sound like a mortar blast in the headphones!! I always think Silver or Lrg Copper and then I pull out an ox knob...

coinnut
02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
So that's what those are!! I have quite a few myself and they always sound like a mortar blast in the headphones!! I always think Silver or Lrg Copper and then I pull out an ox knob...

Yep, nothing like having a bad day and finally getting that one solid coin signal, only to unearth a laughing ox knob :rolleyes: :bop: :bop: :bop: :ticked:

del
02-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Yep, nothing like having a bad day and finally getting that one solid coin signal, only to unearth a laughing ox knob :rolleyes: :bop: :bop: :bop: :ticked:

listen closely everyone because this is a heart felt statement of experience from Coinnut that you almost feel for him crying01 . but for me to hear this from him its a highlight of the detecting day i look forward to and relish lol lol :tongue: :poke: :kiss: lol

and its like an old story that gets better each time i hear it lol rofl thumbsup01

sniffy
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
whats worse is fighting through 6 inches of frost...sweating....only to find on of these little green boogers.

coinnut
02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
listen closely everyone because this is a heart felt statement of experience from Coinnut that you almost feel for him crying01 . but for me to hear this from him its a highlight of the detecting day i look forward to and relish lol lol :tongue: :poke: :kiss: lol

and its like an old story that gets better each time i hear it lol rofl thumbsup01

It must stink to only have 2 1/2 coppers rofl You tend to say the weirdest things :yes: I'm hoping you find a copper soon, so we can get over this ox knob deficiency you seem to be having. Peace brother thumbsup01

tanacat
02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
It must stink to only have 2 1/2 coppers rofl You tend to say the weirdest things :yes:
lol yeah I was gonna comment on that -but never did...

del
02-25-2010, 08:19 AM
It must stink to only have 2 1/2 coppers rofl

oh how quickly we forget :yes: :yes: my friend that has no large copper crown to his name :tongue:i started off slow last year as well ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-25-2010, 08:42 AM
oh how quickly we forget :yes: :yes: my friend that has no large copper crown to his name :tongue:i started off slow last year as well ;)

put the gloves on and lace up fellas! :bop:

tanacat
02-25-2010, 09:15 AM
put the gloves on and lace up fellas! :bop:

do you guys need sledgehammers about now?