PDA

View Full Version : Bean Field hunting with my brother

skribnodsister
10-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Went out in the cold pouring rain >:\ with jr hunting a bean field found 3 IH 1891, 1:eyebrow:thinkingabout: & :huh:thinkingabout:, 2 Buffs 1916 & :huh:thinkingabout:, 4 wheats 1909,1919s, 191?s, and 1958 cleaner than the rest laying on the surface (i think it fell out of jr's pounch from the hunt before) and 4 unknowns. Also found a good for 5 cent in trade token from blazing stunt saloon leadmine wi, a hunk of lead and some misc. items. Hope its a little warmer and not raining tomorrow! Thanks for looking and HH everyone! Donna

z118
10-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Nice digs! There's something about a coin as worn as that Merc... they feel nice between the fingers and it fun to think about how many hands it might have passed through. Congrats!

tanacat
10-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Nice variety of finds! A little of everything :) Esp like the 5 cent token I'd like to know the history of that... I think I'll Google it.

Don't you love hunting in the rain? lol

I carry lots of rags to 'continually' wipe the mud off my gloves/digger/pinpointer... Sounds like you're an addict like me :cheesysmile:

Ill Digger
10-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah! :yes: Now that's hard core! thumbsup01
And it payed off! Some silver a buff.
And one of my favorite things to find....old trade tokens!! :drool: :smitten:
Just think next March or April when it's 50° :thinkingabout: We'll be out there in T-shirts and thinking it's summer again! lol
Keep after'em! thumbsup01
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

jkress
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Great hunting Donna. :clapping:
A nice assortment of keepers. I especially like the token and the Merc of course.
Congrats.

aloldstuff
11-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Donna, you got yourself some good keepers there. You and your brother have been killing those fields, keep it up