PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about my E Trac

Jack Flynn
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM
I changed coils and lower rod to a different set I received today. After unlatching the upper rod and sliding it off to unscrew the coil side of the pigtail I noticed that the pigtail attached to the control box had some play in it. Is it supposed to be tight held onto the box or have a little play? Just trying to make sure it doesn't have anything getting loose that could cause a problem later.

Jason in Enid
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Mine has a little bit of play in it also. It doesn't look like it would affect anything, the rod latch is what holds the rod in place.

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 08:46 PM
That little bit of play is normal.

Jack Flynn
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks

coinnut
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Mine has it too. I think you need it in order to pull out the rod while the coil is still attached. It has to come out some in order to disconnect the coil. If I am reading your question correctly?

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Coinnut, he's talking about the little dongle just under the control box. Where you attach the coil cable.

coinnut
10-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Coinnut, he's talking about the little dongle just under the control box. Where you attach the coil cable.

The internal connector:huh: I never heard of the word dongle and neither has my Webster (dictionary), so I'm lost. :grin: If it's the connector, then Yes, slack is good, if it's the cam lock, then definitely NO. Mine is broken and the shaft is always sliding out. Thank God for duct tape ;)

OkieDigger
10-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Yep, the connector, aka dongle :grin: