PDA

View Full Version : F5 tackles the Gun Club location

Dimeman
11-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I had used the AT Pro at the old German Gun Club location about 4 times and dug some nice silver,wheats and a handful of old rifle lead bullets. :cool:
I took the Fisher F5 this morning to see how it would fare in the same location. As I was looking for more lead I searched in the area where the AT Pro has found the bullets before.

In the 2 hours I searched I concentrated on getting the old lead that the location had given up before. I wasn't disappointed....in the coin recovery either. :wow:

Found 2 wheats, a Merc and almost the number of lead I had found in 4 trips with the AT Pro. Of course I had cleared loads of bottlecaps and other junk from the area with the AT Pro beforehand---so it was almost easy for the F5 to find the lead.

[attach=1]

The coins were found in a section not real close to where the lead bullets have been dug. I would like to find where the shooters stood to shoot at the targets --I might find more old rifle and pistol casings there. And maybe some friendly wagers went on and some old coins might have passed hands to the winner who got the most bullseyes where they stood. :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

The 1926 wheat showed a depth of 5 inches on the F5 depth screen and the Garrett digging trowel confirmed the depth exactly.
It was a very good morning !!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01
[attach=2]

tanacat
11-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Congrats on the merc robbie! :clapping: Sounds like you're learning your machine well :)

JTGOLD
11-01-2011, 02:13 PM
nice merc and wheat and other finds,wtg.

CODY
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Nice finds!

aloldstuff
11-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Any merc is good days hunting. Congrats

MinelabIowa
11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Nice job Robbie!!!

Fire Fighter 43
11-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Very nice hunt.