PDA

View Full Version : Another hello from Kentucky!

tanacat
02-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Howdy! I'm glad to have found this site and hope to get to know y'all better... I've enjoyed looking at your finds and getting ready to post some of my own.

I've found lots of interesting stuff, but still have yet to find OLD coins... I've had my White's Prism IV since September & only found 2 wheaties and a big ol mason jar full of new coins. My husband teased me one day about how many pennies I'd found, so I poured my mason jar and made separate piles of quarters, nickels & dimes... totalling over $30.00. Very satisfying- he was impressed, said 'hey you might be able to pay off that detector after all' lmao

Anyway, I'm planning to put the change towards a BETTER detector. :grin: Any suggestions on my next purchase? So far I'm leaning towards Vision V3

del
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
hello and welcome to the forum Tanacat , your leaning in a great direction as the v3 is a great detector from what i hear.

Epi-hunter
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey Tanacat, glad you found the site! It sounds like you have convinced your husband that detecting is a good hobby :) The V3 is a great machine and this is a good place to learn more about it!

coinnut
02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Tanacat, Glad you put your husband in his place lol Now if you could only find him a nice big new truck, you would be golden :angelic: Glad to have you here and take some time in looking over the many detectors that are out there. Don't worry about the old stuff, it will come. Spend some time researching older areas or do the easy step....ask someone with an old house if you can detect. :yes: That's the easy way to get silver and Wheats, Indians. Can't wait to see your finds.

handyman
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi Tanacat, Glad to see ya. Cant wait till the weather breaks so we can do some more hunting in Lex. See ya.

Lowjiber
02-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the forum from Nevada.

Dave
02-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Hello and welcome to AD!

kurtnks
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Welcome from KS

MT
02-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Welcome from Northern California.
Tom (MT)

yazoo
02-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Welcome aboard,its a great place.Yazoo from Indiana

RickO
02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Welcome aboard Tanacat....HH RickO

magic
02-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Welcome,
hanyman has told me a little about you. Looking forward to hunting with you one day.

tanacat
02-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey Tanacat, glad you found the site! It sounds like you have convinced your husband that detecting is a good hobby :) The V3 is a great machine and this is a good place to learn more about it!

Hi! Actually I've found a used XLT, planning to buy this week! It's really neat to meet another woman who metal detects here in Lexington/Versailles... we must get together! We're about the same age also.

I saw that you're new to the area and haven't found many places to hunt. I have permission to hunt at quite a few places near/in Nicholasville. One is Davy Crockett's uncle's land (Joseph Crockett) 400 acre farm off Catnip Hill Road. I will post some pics of things I found there soon.

tanacat
02-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Welcome,
hanyman has told me a little about you. Looking forward to hunting with you one day.

Hi! He told me about you too-nice to meet you :yes:. So I'm sure he told you about our plan to start a club in Richmond?

I'm planning to go to the old boy scout group dig in April- you? We (hubby and 2 boys)are big time campers- that is tent/car camping since we had kids- my backpack is dusty
:crying02: looking forward to that trip. Reading about the history of the land makes it all the more exciting!

syclone0182
02-08-2010, 11:51 PM
hello and good luck on all of your hunts . thumbsup01 jamie

tanacat
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome from all who said hi! :grin:

I'm thinkin' of upgrading to White's M6 instead of XLT. I actually love my Prism IV, but need more depth; thought about buying another coil. I like the fact that it's lightweight and I'm just used to the style and sounds! It looks like M6 has a lot more going on than Prism IV. Anyone satisfied with M6 with no desire to move 'up'?

Still haven't gotten around to posting my pics. I'm sure y'all can't wait lol

I have a Croix de guerre (French war medal 1915) Of all the old churches, houses and historical sites my best find was in my mom's backyard- house built in the 60's.

I've got a Hotwheels collection now- 9 of them. The SandCrab is worth over $2000 in mint condition. It is sooooo far from mint it's hilarious. Also found in my mom's backyard~

SeabeeRon
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Just realized I never officailly WELCOMED you Tanacat, so...WELCOME!! :grin: 8)