PDA

View Full Version : barber Q and recent silver

randy
11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Wed -- spent a good five hours at a recent honeyhole, and managed to pull a lonely merc to avoid the drive of shame. I don't think the site is played; its too huge for that, but the run rate suggests its time to see other people lol, but we will definitely be back. A site that give 127 shinys in a month's time is not something you walk from, only take a break from. Forever in my MD heart :smitten: :smitten:, and my number one producing site.

Thu -- was an out of the box location I've had my eyes on for quite some time, and after grabbing 2 silver dimes in the first half hour, was congratulating myself for my brilliance. :happydance01: Set up a grid between the two dimes, and managed to pull squat >{ except a memorial from another detectorist's plug >:# >:# Are you kidding me? Missed it by that much. >:{ Sweet site for him or her no doubt, but 2 silvers for the day is still fine in my book. Will be back to grab the out of grid silvers they missed, but not a priority.

Today -- was back to the honeyhole town to do my farewell hunt to circulate some of the clad I pulled back into the economy; a nice lunch at a local (non-chain) restaurant. Hit a small park I wrote about previously, in a late 1800s section of town, where on the last hunt, it surrendered nothing shiny, but 6 deep wheaties, and thus was high on my radar for the future.

Hit a pair of wheaties there fairly quickly on my sounding run, and decided this was an excellent spot to set up a grid (the cultural features also indicated the same). Good thing, as I pulled a barber Q early <: and a few modern silvers after lunch :happydance01: (tho the wash Q was in the sidewalk strip where I parked lol; better to be lucky than good). This is an extremely tough site -- trash and trash, and mineralization where auto was tracking to 16. Ouch >{ It took several hours to work a 10x40 yard grid. But, fortunately, the shiny was there for the patient.

The site continues to have promise, but may try my patience. Hopefully another farewell hunt in this town. We'll see.

Thanks for reading the overlong drivel, and HH everyone.

396nova
11-04-2011, 06:49 PM
|:confused:) I don`t know what to say. Those pictures say a 1000 word. :perfect10: Very nice. :clapping: Thanks for posting. thumbsup01

skribnodsister
11-04-2011, 07:40 PM
:wow: what an awesome lot of silver! :perfect10: Congrats |:cheering:

anotherpulltap
11-04-2011, 08:24 PM
:clapping: Wow. could you rebury some of those silver for us. What a great find :white:usaflag::

milco
11-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I think the earth is off axis because of all the silver you are pulling out of the ground! Amazing!!

aloldstuff
11-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Again more keepers for the pouch. I noticed that your silver count is nearing a huge number. Are you going to hit it?? Hope you do. Congrats on your hunting and thinking about where to hunt.

jkress
11-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Very sweet hunt Randy. :clapping: All silver is great to find... especially silver of the Barber Q type. :smitten:

127 from one park is incredible. Sites like that don't come around that often, but when they do... <:

Congratulations on your fantastic silver count.

PL8MAN
11-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Sweet silver thumbsup01

CODY
11-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Awesome :perfect10:

bob_e99
11-05-2011, 03:38 PM
:perfect10:

Another excellent hunt. Awesome silver finds.

:wow:

Epi-hunter
11-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Beautiful silver Randy as usual!! |:cheering: :peace: Love that barber quarter in particular!

You do amazing things with that E-Trac :perfect10:

Fire Fighter 43
11-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Very nice bunch of silver!!

Tony Two-Cent
11-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Love the Barber Quarter, Randy! And your other finds too, of course. Your amazing streak continues to inspire me. Your posts aren't drivel to me, I always enjoy reading them.

Keep up the good work! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
11-06-2011, 12:05 PM
:perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

angellionel
11-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Sweet hunt, Randy! Love the Barber, even if worn. I too would not give up on that other site. There is more silver there, I am certain of it. ;)

mike l
11-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Nice silver haul, looks like you have some sweet hunting grounds there! :beerbuddy:

MinelabIowa
11-06-2011, 09:48 PM
What Randy you cashed in with this hunt! Nice coin finds! I love seeing the silver!