PDA

View Full Version : Hallo from Nürnberg Germany

earthmansurfer
11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah, from Germany but born and raised in the States! (New York, Arizona and San Diego)

Hey guys & Gals. Nice to meet you all. I'm hunting in Nürnberg and like to find silver D Marks (only have 2 this year!) and they are the same size and hit just like quarters - actually worth the same back then. They haven't made a lot of silver coins here but the coins sometimes I find are 400+ years old, though I'd trade most of them for some of your American silver.

Interesting, I'm often the only guy that has EVER detected some of the sites I find (500+ year old sites) so even though there isn't much silver here I still find it occasionally as there isn't much competition.

Attached some of my finds - DMark and some various coins.

Hope to see you on the boards,
Albert (EMS)

White's V3i, Omega 8000
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=2]

del
11-05-2011, 03:35 PM
hello Albert and welcome to the forum , i myself am originally from Arizona . i hear Germany is a beautiful country and the coins are very pretty as well (congrats on the sweet 1 Mark :smitten:) glad you found us here .

Dan

Full Metal Digger
11-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Hello and welcome! I will gladly trade you some of my American silver for one of those silver DM coins!

OxShoeDrew
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM
What's the oldest item you've found? Sounds like you have an excellent detecting environment. Welcome from Connecticut, USA

CyberSage
11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Hello and Welcome Albert! I know from reading your post that you are very experienced with the Whites V3i. I am in awe of your knowledge base on this detector. Thanks for joining our forum. I am looking forward to your post.

Jack

earthmansurfer
11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Del - I spent my time just outside of Phoenix, but never did any detecting there. Wish I had.

Daddy - I love the silver D-Marks and the styles and silver content varies. If they circulated more I would back out on the trade. The last one I found I found the morning after watching Jacks's silver find video. It got me pumped to find one and I went out really looking for it! ehehe

Chalives - I found a near pristine 1548 silver coin as well as a pristine 1678 heavy silver hammered - both with my Omega (Sorry, can't find the pics). I stumbled upon an old market (I know because I found counting coins there.) It was in use from over 400 years ago and I am pretty sure I am the only one to detect it, was too easy (Pulled 50 or so coins and dated them by location in the area - very interesting thing to do). I really am not going for just old coins as they are often in bad shape. That is why I love the silver stuff. In Britain they mostly hunt plowed fields which chemically and physically tears the coins up, so I try to search meadows. Nürnberg hundreds of years ago was the richest area of Europe and the center of a trading zone. I sometimes find coins from other countries at these spots.

Jack - I guess I have too much time on my hands, need to pick up more work but thanks for the kind words. I never thought I had a lot of knowledge on the V3i, but I guess just from reading so much I have a fair amount. Being an ex I.T. expert helps to understand the machine. But I'm wanting to find something new with the machine, I know it's there to be found! You actually helped get me thinking that way as your higher recovery delay and correlate statements got me thinking... Thx! The danger is I've become settled on some settings and need to keep pushing things. Came across an Italian guys article (used google translate) on using the V3i with reverse discrimination (and he also owns an E-Trac). Figure that one out - hint - he used nulling on the NON ferrous side. Some smart minds out here in Europe using the detector in different ways. Nice exchange from different lands.

Take care and I hope to post some interesting finds videos, I have a couple of very very good prospective sites waiting...

EMS

Epi-hunter
11-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi Albert, it's great to have you here! I can't wait to read your posts. The coins are beautiful! I'm so glad you found us! |:cheering:

randy
11-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Sounds like you have a very sweet detecting environment, and you know how to use your machine -- a spectacular combination for awesome finds!

396nova
11-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin. Sounds like you have some great detecting opportunities. :envious: Great post with pictures. thumbsup01 Looking forward to your future finds. :wow:

CODY
11-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Looking forward to you post.

Tony Two-Cent
11-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist from central Illinois! I love that Deutsch Mark, what a beautiful coin! I can't imagine finding coins that are 300-400 years old!

Glad to have you and keep us updated on your finds!

aloldstuff
11-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Welcome from wester MA. Nice to see another V3i user on board. From reading your intro a 500 yr old virgin site is a dream. Looking forward to your posts.

jkress
11-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi there, welcome to American Detectorist. :clapping: Glad to have you here with us.
Wow... the 1 Mark is a beauty. :smitten: I found a coin with a similar reverse earlier this year in the States.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/large-64.html
Looking forward to your posts.

Ill Digger
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois :grin:

Fire Fighter 43
11-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Welcome from Wisconsin.

earthmansurfer
11-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Wow JKress a silver .50 pfennig! I have NEVER found one but it's on my wish list. Yeah, the German coins often have that eagle design.

I hope to go detecting in the next few weeks and have a video or two up. I did just post a thread on the general detecting forum on SEF coils, might be interesting if you like theory.

Thanks again for the welcome,
Albert

Jeff (or)
11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Welcome from Oregon!!! :beerbuddy:

tracyjm
12-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Hi Earthmansurfer! I have read and watched your videos on other forums. I am impressed with your knowledge on the V3i...

billwsmith
01-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Go to the city park, about a mile from the train station and detect under the large oaks and by the creek. I found hundreds of coins there in the 80,s when I was stationed there. Im sure I left a few. Good Luck.

POKIE73
01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
i cannot even imagine digging up coins that are 4 to 5 hundred years old maybe they are not a lot of silvers there but if i am not mistaken you have a better chace to find gold and old jewlry that we could only dream about here good hunting looking forward to your finds dennis

Mudder
01-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi Albert and welcome to the forum. Needless to say, we are not going to find anything near that old. I did happen to run across a silver German Mark last year. I'm still trying to figure out how a 1913 Mark ended up lost in southern Mississippi. thumbsup01