PDA

View Full Version : Hello

hammer88
11-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Hello everyone,
From central Pa, just started MD'ing this August and get out whenever I can. I started with a Whites Prizm IV and recently got a used DFX and I'm learning the machine. I also purchased a Garrett Pro pointer. I have found 1955 Quarter and a 1901 V nickel and tons of clad. I love to find any type of coin and look forward to interacting on the forum.

randy
11-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome from Chester county. Would love to get out to your part of the state someday.

396nova
11-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin. I have had a dectector about 10 yrs, but just started using it in August myself. You have come to the right place. Lots of help and information to make you better at detecting. :sleepy: thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
11-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Welcome from Lexington, KY and before that Iowa City, Iowa. You are in a great place to detect! Glad you found us, and looking forward to your posts |:cheering:

del
11-05-2011, 07:52 PM
hello Hammer and welcome to the forum , my detector of choice is still the dfx ( its a great machine) been using it now for about 6 or 7 years now so if you have any questions just fire away . your in a great area with alot of history , its good to have you here.

Dan

CODY
11-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome from down in Mississippi. This is a great forum. A lot of good folks on here to learn from. Looking forward to your post and finds. HH

hammer88
11-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Tony Two-Cent
11-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist from central Illinois! There is a ton of useful information here. It sounds like you have found some nice coins so far.

Glad to have you and keep us updated on your finds!

aloldstuff
11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Welcome from western MA. Glad you joined us and also glad that you found this wonderful hobby. I also started with the Prizm IV and found some great items with that machine. Have since upgraded to the V3i. The MXT is a great machine and looking forward to your posts.

firstring
11-07-2011, 10:37 AM
From the wine country of northen California, welcome to the forum. I got my first machine two years ago this month, a DFX, I used that bad boy to get my feet wet in metal detecting. Instead of just getting getting my feet wet, I jumped all the way in. Moved up to the V3i not quite a year ago. It appears you have recovered some great coins and I am looking forward to the many posts as you continue to discover finds. Good luck and happy hunting. You have found what I consider the best forum and the best people to help you through your endevour. Any questions, any concerns any viewpoints are taken seriously, we are all here to help.

OxShoeDrew
11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
My hunting partner Merc uses a DFX to great effect along with many forum members. I'd have bought one if it was a little lighter. Sorry to hear about the PSU situation. :(
Welcome to the site and good luck with the new machine. :groovy:

jkress
11-12-2011, 10:45 PM
It's great to have you here with us hammer88. :clapping:
You've got a couple of nice ones already. I always like seeing the silver Washingtons and V Nickels come to the light of day.
Best of luck on your next hunt and post what you find. :->

Ill Digger
11-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois :grin:

Jeff (or)
11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Welcome from Oregon!!!!! :cool: :beerbuddy: